Hide my own visits in my own store

Solved
Highlighted
Explorer
80 2 8

Hey,

can I hide/exclude my own visits in my store in the analytics tab? I mean when I visit my store through my domain can I hide/exclude that in my statistics? Also can I hide/exclude my checkouts, etc.?

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
572 28 189

Hi, @ilja!

Rae from Shopify here. Thanks for reaching out with this question. 

To hide your own visits in the 'Analytics'  section of your admin, just make sure that you're logged in to your Shopify admin in the same browser window or session that's being used to view your live site. As long as you're logged in to your admin in the same window or browser, all of your own visits will be excluded from the Traffic reports in 'Analytics'

However, if you're using a browser that isn't logged in to your Shopify admin, or if you're browsing in a private window - by using Incognito mode on Chrome, for example - then your visits to your own site will be reflected in your store's reports. 

In terms of hiding your own checkouts, is this in regard to your own abandoned checkouts? Or, are you placing test orders, or actual orders on your site?

Please let me know what type of checkout you're hoping to hide, and I'll be glad to see what options we have. 

I look forward to hearing back from you! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

Highlighted
Explorer
80 2 8

Hey @Rae,

thank you for your answer. I meant the statistics about the times somebody added an item to cart or reached checkout. If I am logged in as an admin in shopify and reach in the same browser or window the checkout of my site will it hide it from the statistics, too?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
572 28 189

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @ilja!

Thank you for getting back to me with these details. 

Can you please confirm for me which specific report you're looking at to gather these details? 

While the 'Abandoned Checkouts'  section of the admin outlines the time that a checkout was initiated, it doesn't show the time that a product was added into the cart. If payment was attempted on the checkout, the time that the customer tried to add payment will be shown in the 'History'  of the abandoned checkout at the bottom of the page. More details on this can be found here.

If you're logged in to your admin in the same browser that you use to create your own abandoned checkout on your site, your checkout will still appear in the 'Abandoned Checkouts'  screen within your admin. However, this checkout can be archived by selecting the checkout, and clicking 'Actions > Archive checkouts', as shown here: 

16-10-ott3w-qo7xi.jpg

If you're referring to the data within a specific traffic report instead, please let me know the name of the report you're using and I can certainly help look into your question further. 

Best, 

Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!

Highlighted
Explorer
80 2 8

Hey @Rae , 

being logged in in the same browser but having shopify open in another window doesn't work for excluding myself in the stats. Is it possible to delete my statistics in the analytics section?

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
80 2 8

Hey @Rae ,

how does it work on mobile? Do I have to be logged in in the same browser or is it enough to be logged in in the app?

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
572 28 189

Hi, @ilja!

Thanks for following up.

While it's not possible to remove your data from the 'Analytics'  section of your admin, I can certainly help look into why the data is being collected.

Just to confirm, to hide your own statistics from the Traffic reports only, you will need to be logged in to your Shopify admin and visit your storefront from a window within that same browser. If you're opening a new browser window - rather than using a tab within the same browser window - then your data may appear on the Traffic reports. 

So that I can look into this further, can you please confirm what browser you're testing this on? Are you using a new tab within this browser, or opening a new window? Also, which specific reports are you viewing that include the data? Please make sure you're testing this on Traffic reports only. 

In terms of your second question, I recommend logging in to your admin from a browser only - not within the mobile app - to test this. If the statistics that are appearing on your Traffic reports are from mobile visits, then I suggest only using a desktop to test this moving forward. 

Lastly, I wanted to mention that viewing your site through the Theme Editor is a great way to ensure your visits aren't included in your store's analytics. To do this, log in to your admin, click on 'Online store > Themes'  and click 'Customize'  on your live theme. In this window, you can fully navigate your site and view your pages, without any data being collected. 

Please keep me posted on the above questions, and I'll be glad to take a deeper look into this. 

Highlighted
1 0 0

I am looking at my site with the same browser that I am logged into shopify, and it still collects my data and shows up the the live view. How can I get it to stop including me?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
572 28 189

Hi, @jtrosenthal

Thanks for jumping in with this question. 

Which browser are you using when this happens? Are you viewing your site from a different tab within the same browser window that you're logged in to Shopify with? I shared more information on this here: 

Just to confirm, to hide your own statistics from the Traffic reports only, you will need to be logged in to your Shopify admin and visit your storefront from a window within that same browser. If you're opening a new browser window - rather than using a tab within the same browser window - then your data may appear on the Traffic reports. 

Also, did you have a chance to try viewing your site via the Theme Editor instead? More details on how this works are outlined here: 

I wanted to mention that viewing your site through the Theme Editor is a great way to ensure your visits aren't included in your store's analytics. To do this, log in to your admin, click on 'Online store > Themes'  and click 'Customize'  on your live theme. In this window, you can fully navigate your site and view your pages, without any data being collected. 

Please give these options a try, and keep me posted on the browser you're using. 

I hope to hear back from you soon! 

0 Likes