Solved

Hiding Product On 'All Products' Page Only

starwarsnaimad
Tourist
5 0 1

Hello, I was wondering how I can hide products on the 'All products' page, but still have the link to the page accessible to everyone. I currently have 3 of the same product (long story, its related to getting more traffic from google ads) but I don't want a customer to go to my 'All products' page to see 3 of the same products. It would look kind of sketchy. Anyone can help?

Accepted Solution (1)

JHKCreate
Shopify Expert
3571 639 917

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @starwarsnaimad 

You need to create a collection named "All" and add the products manually as needed. It would overwrite the collection and then you can hide what you need to hide.

Did we solve your issue? Like & Mark As Solution to help the community
Should you need any direct help: contact@jhkcreate.com

Learn more about us: jhkcreate.com

View solution in original post

Replies 9 (9)

JHKCreate
Shopify Expert
3571 639 917

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @starwarsnaimad 

You need to create a collection named "All" and add the products manually as needed. It would overwrite the collection and then you can hide what you need to hide.

starwarsnaimad
Tourist
5 0 1

Thank you for your help!

Christie_LC
Tourist
5 0 0

@JHKCreate 

Hello JHKCreate, 

Different yet similar to the hiding products issue.... I am trying to build a collection where the products

a- only appear on the collection page, such as 24 items listed in grid

b- the invididual products page are "invisible", even when typing on the search bar (those with a responsive text)

c- on the collection page, the product links to an external site, not to their internal pages on shopify

I was thinking I could create a collection page with the external links using PageFly, but the issue remains the products will appear via the search function, and so the pages can be found that way. 

Ideally, for example, if someone types "boots", they would be directed to a collection/grid page, not the individual product pages. 

Am I trying the impossible?

many thanks,

Christie

JHKCreate
Shopify Expert
3571 639 917

Hi @Christie_LC 

You can exclude products from the search results, however we would need to see your theme & code to get this done as it's a case-by-case use. If search is excluded you also need to make the product pages not indexed by Google so that products don't appear in the search results. 

Would the above solve your issue at hand?

Christie_LC
Tourist
5 0 0

@JHKCreate 

Hi... thanks for your prompt reply.

I'm testing this project with Empire/Pixel (I'm using it for others projects as well).  I'm just starting so there has been no coding work done.

Your solution sounds quite sensible including on the pages indexing.  I'm glad to see there may be a way to do it.  However, I still need the Search function, but that the search leads to a collection page (grid). 

So... "boots" = collection listing/grid page with all products with boots keyword.

I hope that makes sense?  It's hard to explain as I don't know much about programming.

JHKCreate
Shopify Expert
3571 639 917

Hi @Christie_LC 

How many types are there? There are many ways to tweak the search in order to redirect specific keywords to specific links or pages. What you need done is doable in many ways, so that's something that should make it easier for you already.

Let me know!

Christie_LC
Tourist
5 0 0

Hi @JHKCreate 

"what you need is doable in many ways" sounds like music 🙂 

Then goal is to create dozens and dozens of these collections....perhaps even the entire site.  I know I could use another platform, but I think shopify is the best so want to keep things here.

Do you know what would be the level of complexity of that kind of task - if we consider using Empire which is  2.0 ready?

JHKCreate
Shopify Expert
3571 639 917

For the search element, then Smart Search & Filter - Instant Search Bar, Collection Filter, Cross & Upsell | Shopify App Store can adjust this by giving you the following features:

• Redirecting a specific keyword search to a specific page
  • Not showing any product results no matter what keyword is used 

As for the Product Page De-indexing, this is pretty straightforward. 

If you prefer custom assistance on this we'd be happy to set this up for you, just drop us an e-mail and our team will take it from there!

Cheers!

Christie_LC
Tourist
5 0 0

Hi @JHKCreate,   I just sent you an email as suggested.

Many thanks,

Christie