High Resolution Images On My Shopify Page Are Blurry. Please Help!

Highlighted
4 0 0

Good evening - I am a new Shopify customer who is presently building a website using the FLOW theme. Although my team is nearing the completion of this project, having created just snout everything we need, the images that we are uploading are of very poor quality when outputted by the Shopify platform. All of our images are high resolution, bit they’re turned into low resolution images that appear blurry when we give our site a visit.

Even stranger, when visiting the purchasing page of one of our products, the high resolution image will appear after a couple of minutes or after we alternate between the various shots of each shirt (i.e. top down, closeup, etc.) And to top that, the high resolution image will be present for that particular shot when returning to the main page, though the rest of the shirts will remain blurry.

Each time we visit a product’s purchasing page, its image quality will revert to the high resolution after returning to the product page. If anyone has a solution, it would be greatly appreciated!

We can’t launch this site as long as this problem persists and may have to cancel our subscription. 

Thank You!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey @Kpritchard 

This is super easy to fix. What you need to do is optimize your images before you upload them, the images you uploaded are too large causing a lag in load speed. Your site will automatically show a lower res image and once it has loaded the high res it will appear. The optimization will dramatically increase your sites speed and image loading time. There are sites online that will opimize images for you, just upload them. and once it's complete download the optimized image.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best,

Raquel

If you found my reply helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
 Feel free to email me at rockie@y2k.ai 
Raquel Marie: Shopify Development & Conversion Expert | Shopify Theme Customization & Development | Shopify Design | Conversion Design

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Thank you for your helpful tip, Raquel. I will try to optimize the images and update you if there’s a problem. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

@Kpritchard Keep me posted!

0 Likes