Home page not displaying correctly - Brooklyn Theme

Poethan
Tourist
7 0 2

Hi all, 

My website is www.poethan.com.au , when I view it on desktop and mobile it works fine, but when I view it through mobile with desktop view the menu buttons do not appear and the hero slideshow images are stacked (rather than sliding through), distorting the homepage. All the other pages seem fine though. 

I was alerted to this issue by someone, and I'm worried that on some desktops the same issue will occur. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!  

Screenshot_20210623-070751.png

Sonia 

Replies 2 (2)

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1669 109 218

Hi, Sonia! 

Sophia here from Shopify.

Your store looks great on mobile for me (using Safari on iOS 14.6), but I'm experiencing the same display issues on desktop using Google Chrome where the main menu is missing, as shown in the screenshot below.

22-02-33650-97157
Can you tell me a bit more about your theme, including the version (found in your theme editor under Online Store > Themes > Customize > Theme actions) and whether any of the theme code been customized? It would be helpful to know if you've had anyone working on the theme code or have installed any apps that might have access to the theme code.

It might also be worth testing a new copy of Brooklyn to see if the issue persists. You can test a new copy in the admin without affecting the live store. Any additional themes you install will appear under Online Store > Themes > Theme library

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

diego_ezfy
Shopify Partner
2958 568 891

@Poethan 

When you move from "mobile view" to "desktop view" on a mobile device, often times the Javascript is not properly reloaded and ends up looking broken like you've shared. It's not a potential issue though and is natural to happen within any website, not only yours. This is not something you should worry about.

Kind regards,
Diego