Home page title and Meta Description is not showing up on google

vish2019
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi there,

For some reason the home page title and meta description is not showing up in google search. Under the description it shows the testimonials not the actual description i have written there. 

Can anybody please help us on how to resolve this issue ? Thanks 

Replies 9 (9)

Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1793 196 467

Hey there, @vish2019 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

I am so sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue, I would love to help. Could you provide us with a link to your store so that we can take a look at it and replicate the issue on our end? Generally speaking, Google is told what to show in your meta title and description by the theme itself. What theme are you currently using? Also, what testimonies app are you using? This may be causing your theme to prioritize the testimonies over the description. 

I look forward to hearing from you,

Bo

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

vish2019
Tourist
5 0 1

hi @Bo  We are using Debut theme for our store. I am not using any app for testimonials or SEO. When i search in google it shows the testimonials rather than the actual Meta description or Title tag. 

Please help. Thanks So much.

Here is the link to our site. https://vishmantra.com

Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1793 196 467

Hey again, @vish2019 

Thanks for the link! Inspecting the code of your theme using Chrome's inspect tool I found that you have commented out the meta description. 

You will need to remove the {% comment %} and {% endomment %} and click save. Once this is done you will need to resubmit your sitemap to Google. You can do so by following this guide. 

All the Best,

Bo

vish2019
Tourist
5 0 1

hi @Bo 

Thanks so much for your quick reply. I think i have edited like you mentioned above. Please let me know if this is okay. 

edit.jpg

Thanks again for your time and help. Appreciate it

Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1793 196 467

Hey there, @vish2019 

That looks perfect to me! It can take Google a few weeks to reflect this change. 

All the Best,

Bo

StudyWithGadget
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, I was wondering if you could help me out. I made the mistake of making my original shopify store my full name. I have bought a URL and changed everything in policies to the name of my store which is Study With Gadgets. However, when I google search my store URL my full name comes up on a lot of the links, e.g the main page, home page, about us, etc. but not the product pages. I have changed my meta title and description but this is not helping. I changed it quite a while ago as well so I assumed that it would have changed on google by now. Is there something I have missed or am doing wrong. I have removed my name from literally everywhere on shopify and yet it is still coming up! 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Study With Gadgets

namitadixit
Visitor
1 0 0

Help me out from this situation, My website's meta title and description were showing exactly what I put there. But now I changed my theme and done some development in the website and Now my website's title is changed. This is showing its name only even twice. What should I do now. Please help me to come out of this situation.

My Website: https://www.kwikpets.com/

Mismiin
Visitor
2 0 0

Im having the same issue with the meta title and description.. Could you check our website please . . www.mismiin.com

Mismiin
Visitor
2 0 0

hi. Im having the same issue. Could u also check my website? www.mismiin.com