Homepage support

2 0 0

I am not sure what I have done but I have this code up the top of my shopify store.

google-site-verification=rLLkgPFtZcDw1-pU0ihA-PI5FDWqeZWTP1z6ytGMxRI

How can I remove this? 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
444 20 49

Hey!

My name is Ava, I’m one of Shopify’s Gurus and I’m here to help :)

It looks like you may have been trying to verify your site with Google by adding some coding to your themes HTML/CSS? Can I ask where you have placed the code? If it is anywhere outside of the head tags, it may be the reason it is showing on your storefront

15-04-t93lp-fns9x

Let me know where you placed the code, we can see how to remove it from your storefront and make sure it's in the right place in your theme settings!

Ava

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi Ava

To be honest I have no idea where I placed this from.  I have been trying to back track with no luck! This is what I get when I try and do things after a long day at work. 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
444 20 49

No worries! If you go to Online Store > Themes > Actions > Edit code, you can access the coding of your theme. It would most likely be in your theme.liquid folder here.

15-19-qujy3-1g237

It also looks like only part of the google verification has been added, you will also need to add the meta name and content tags as shown here -

15-21-onzau-hwtvi

If you still can't seem to find it, I'd be happy to take a look for you. Would you be able to send us an email to support@shopify.com using the email address listed as the account owners? Once you have done that, you can pop back here and let me know the support ticket number you were assigned (which will be emailed to you). That way, I can pick the ticket out of the queue and authenticate you as the owner. After that, I can take a look at your theme to see where this link of code is located!

Ava

1 Like
2 0 0
Hi dear
Please how do I select theme liquid
0 Likes
2 0 0
Hi Ava
Can I get your help
I need the know, in the section, add new template, is it necessary to choose?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
444 20 49

Hey, @Deoxford101!

Editing your theme.liquid is something you should only do when necessary Can I ask what you are trying to do? Are you adding a Google verification, or are you adding a new template to one of the pages of your online store? The more information I have, the better.

Speak soon!

Ava

Social Care

0 Likes