Can I disable the Shopify house number notification?

JeroenHes
Tourist
16 0 3

Shopify released an update asking customers to fill in the house number in the streetname field. As our shipper requires both datapoints (street and housenumber) seperately we have created two seperate fields.

How can I turn of this notification?

JeroenHes_0-1614239581416.png

Replies 4 (4)

oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
15830 2369 3072

Hi,

Which theme you are working? and what you want from this field? 

Get pass your Store Core Web Vital Free Speed Optimization Audit, Chat on WhatsApp | Skype : oscprofessionals-87 | Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com | Custom Pricing Wholesale App : Free | Hire us | Guaranteed Site Speed Optimization | Website Free Audit | Shopify Theme Customization | Build Shopify Private App | Shopify SEO | Digital Marketing
JeroenHes
Tourist
16 0 3
I want to disable the notification.

oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
15830 2369 3072

Hi there,

Check your  checkout form options

You can change some of the fields on your checkout pages so that they are required, optional, or hidden.

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Checkout.

2. In the Form options section, make the appropriate changes.

3. Click Save.

4. oscprofessional_0-1614246795277.png

5. Hope this will work !
Get pass your Store Core Web Vital Free Speed Optimization Audit, Chat on WhatsApp | Skype : oscprofessionals-87 | Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com | Custom Pricing Wholesale App : Free | Hire us | Guaranteed Site Speed Optimization | Website Free Audit | Shopify Theme Customization | Build Shopify Private App | Shopify SEO | Digital Marketing
tewe
Shopify Partner
244 46 102

Hi @JeroenHes ,

as JoesIdeas noted you cannot change the check out process if you are not in the Shopify Plus program. If I recall it correctly also the Shopify terms of service forbids such adjustments.

But separating the number from the street name is a simple post processing step. Whatever your process looks like you should be able to somewhere integrate this step, it is a one-liner in python or javascript using regex.

Regards
Thomas

• Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
• Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
• Check out our Price Updater App