How To remove social media icon on top header in mobile version?

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi!

May i know how do i remove the social media icon on top header in mobile version? Appreciate the advise as i would like the social media icons and search bar to be appearing on desktop version but not the mobile version as it is disrupting the flow of the mobile navigation. 

Please see higligted below on the part i would like to hide.- appreciate the advise. 

Screenshot 2020-10-23 040640.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
312 27 66

Hi, @Hansawe!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. Great question! The icons you've highlighted in your screenshot aren't social media icons. They're essential parts of your store. Here's what they are in order of how they appear in your screenshot:

• Search: so customers can search your products.
  • Accounts: so customers can keep track of their orders and details.
  • Wishlist: items a customer has added to their wishlist.
  • Cart: this is where products your customer has added to their cart will live. They would click on this to view their products and proceed to the checkout.

The "Accounts" icon can be removed by turning off accounts in your settings. If you choose to turn accounts off, your customers won't be able to create a login on your store to view their orders. To remove this go to Settings > Checkout and select "Accounts are disabled" next to "Customer Accounts".

You'll see in the screenshot above that you can choose to disable accounts, make them optional, or make them a requirement. The decision is totally yours to make.

The search and cart functions are not able to be removed. These are essential for your store. If you'd like to alter the location of these, you may need to edit the theme code. If you're using a Shopify theme, you will need to contact our Live Support Team. Before doing this, I'd recommend checking out our guides on Customizing Themes and our Design Policy. If you're not using a Shopify theme, you'll need to contact the theme developer to help guide you.

In regards to the wishlist section, again, this depends on whether or not you are using a Shopify theme or not. If you are, contact our support team. If not, it's best to contact the theme developer directly.

I hope this helps you understand a bit more about those icons. if you need further help, please let me know.

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello,

Thank you for your question.

Please share:
- your store URL;
- page URL with the issue you mention;
- storefront password (if your store has one).

I'll help you to the best of my ability.

Kind regards,
Diego

◦ Problem Solved? ✔️ Please click on Accept as Solution and like.
◦ Needing urgent help? I am currently available for hire, same day response guaranteed: diego.boarutto.fortes@gmail.com
0 Likes