How can I add custom fonts to the font_picker?

Hey everyone,

I'm dealing with something for a while now that I can't find any answers.

I want to add a custom font in the list of font_picker.

helvetica.png

Is it possible to do? If so, how?

Thank you.

◦ Product page slider & thumbnails with swiping for free themes: Minimal | Debut | Brooklyn | Supply
◦ Replace apps with simple copy/paste code snippets. Examples clicking here.
0 Likes

Hi,

If you want custom font, which is not available in font picker then you have to include in your file structure

sharing you the url  refer this it will be useful to you !

https://support.weareunderground.com/article/272-how-do-i-add-a-custom-font-to-my-theme 

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution. Free Website Review and advice for sale from Hire us
Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO | Digital Marketing | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
For Quick Chat Whats app | Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com | Skype : oscprofessionals-87
0 Likes

@oscprofessional 

Thanks! So there is no way to add a custom font to the list itself?

◦ Product page slider & thumbnails with swiping for free themes: Minimal | Debut | Brooklyn | Supply
◦ Replace apps with simple copy/paste code snippets. Examples clicking here.
0 Likes
Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1115 75 180

Hey, @diego_ezfy

Tira here from support. Thank you for chiming in and for your suggestion, @oscprofessional

I am not familiar with customizing fonts but Shopify has a collection of premium fonts that includes system fonts, Google fonts and licensed fonts from Monotype. We have a list of fonts that you can use on your theme here, and the steps to add this to your theme here: Add fonts to your theme. Have you tried these steps before?

In the webpage that @oscprofessional, listed, there is a great recommendation to duplicate your theme before making any changes to your fonts. I second this recommendation and wanted to show you how you can do this:

• Login to your Shopify Admin
  • Click on Online Store > Themes
  • Next to the theme you wish to duplicate, click on “Actions > Duplicate theme”
  • The duplicate theme will show up on your Themes page and the name will have “Copy of” with the name of your duplicated theme

You can check out our help doc with the steps here: How to Duplicate a Theme. Duplicating a theme will create a copy of your theme so that you can always have a backup to go back to should things not work out.

You also have the option to roll-back your theme, which allows you to choose a date from your theme’s code to revert back to a previous version of your theme. It’s great if you want to make changes and want to switch to different versions of your theme. You can check out the steps to do this in our help doc: Roll-back to a previous version of your theme

What are your thoughts? 

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes