How can I make my store exclusive?

SecondSlumber
Tourist
7 1 3

My store needs to have a landing page that will give information about our company, and then you can sign up for a waitlist and eventually when there's space, you'll gain access to our exclusive site. Now, how could I actually grant them access without them make an account? 

Would we have to create an account for them?

Is there a way to just allow their IP into the store?

Thank you in advance.

Theme is Debut.

Store is secondslumber.com

0 Likes
Lana
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
181 21 16

Hello @SecondSlumber!

This is Lana from Shopify. 

Just to make sure that we're on the same page here - you would like to keep your website on limited access, and have the ability to grant this access yourself?
While we currently do not have such a feature built in, something like this can be achieved using the Locksmith App. This app is very versatile in terms of what you can lock (pages, products, collections etc.). The conditions which would allow a customer to access a certain section of your store can be as simple as you adding a tag to that particular customer, and as intricate as allowing them to view those sections based on their IP address (as you mentioned in your post) or even the time/date that they are visiting your store.

You will notice that this app is highly regarded in the community, with mostly 5 star reviews from other merchants such as yourself. Their support team is very helpful should you require assistance or perhaps some additional conditions for restricting customers, and you can get in touch with their support by emailing them at team@uselocksmith.com or visit their developer website here. You will notice that they offer a number of paid plans, with the lowest starting at $9 per month, but the app comes with a 15 day free trial so you can see if it suits you before you commit to a plan.

Is there a reason you would like to make your website exclusive like this? Please do tell me a little bit more about your business and your products if the above app does not suit you - we might be able to find an option better suited to you based on your needs!

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks! -Lana

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes