How can I narrow storefront search to a specific product collection?

7 0 0

Am stuck and I need help urgently; I'm trying to narrow the search on my shopify storefront to display products from only a specific collection. Can anyone please guide me on how to do this?

Thanks

0 Likes

@Paul_AnigboShopify provide features to edit search criteria, please follow the below link:
https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/customization/store/show-only-products-in-search-results#sectione...
for your case , Between the opening <form> tag and closing </form> tag, paste the following form field:

<input type="hidden" name="type" value="collection">

I hope it will work for you

Thanks

Kshitij | Shopify Expert @ Cedcommerce  
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog
0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

Thank you but I want to limit to the search to a specific collection(mens shirt collection).

here's the code I tired that didn't work:

<input name="type" value="collections:Mens+shirts" type="hidden" />

0 Likes
7 0 0

Please someone should help me out. PLEASEEEE!

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
9981 85 1492

Why is this needed? Some added context may help get more specific answers.

• If you happened to sell red shoes, you're not wanting customers to see those if they searched for "red"? On the same line of thinking, if you have a red shirt you'd want it to be shown?
  • What if google has the link to the red shoes? Or perhaps you're wanting to remove it from there as well.
★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
7 0 0

I created a three in one shopify store; so, I would only want to display products from the collections related to a particular store at a time when a search is made at the store front.

0 Likes
7 0 0

Please do you have any idea how I can get this done?

0 Likes