How can I remove Default title from product page

nour16
Visitor
1 0 0

for some reason the title above the cart is showing as defualt page and I can't seem to find a way to remove it or change it. Can I please get help on this. My website is TuckOn.com.au

Replies 10 (10)

KuldeepKumar20
Shopify Partner
279 34 62

Can you share screenshot of message because I don't see any default title.

For Design, Development and custom changes Hire Me.
If your problem solved then Like & Accept this Solution.
Email ID: kuldeep200395@gmail.com
krschoepp
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi there,

I am having the same issue! Was there a way to resolve it?

https://www.ifballthencatch.ca/products/themed-magnets

krschoepp_0-1599324691755.png

Thanks!

pvoulg
Shopify Partner
178 26 59

Hi @krschoepp,

Your issue seems to be a different one than OP's. In your case, you have a product with no variants so your theme displays a single option for your variant dropdown. You can amend this by going to your product template file and altering the code which displays the dropdown selection. There you can create a condition where if a product has only one variant, then the dropdown will not be displayed at all.

You can find an example with reference code for that over at Shopify Docs: 

https://shopify.dev/docs/themes/liquid/reference/objects/product#product-has_only_default_variant

Panos Voulgaris
Creative director / Partner @ MALVI
Founder @ function( )
lpurutyan
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello! I'm having a similar issues with "Default Title" appearing on the product page - this hasn't previously been an issue for me. Could you advise how best to go about removing this?  See screenshot for reference. Thanks! 

Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 9.45.34 PM.png

Kinjaldavra
Shopify Partner
2302 570 1423

hello @lpurutyan  Please provide website url and if your store is password protected then also provide password So I will check and provide a solution here.

pvogel
Tourist
3 1 2

Hey there, 

if you just want to get rid of the "default title" on the front-end, I would suggest writing a css-rule to "hide" it. 

like so:

div[data-value="Default Title"] {
	display: none !important;
}

I have done this couple of times to not interfere with the core scripts and it worked out fine.

kwash
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi there 

I’m using Mr Parker theme and I’m having the same trouble as above posters

If I were to use this css rule to “hide” the default title. Where do I place it when im in the template? 

Thank you so much - I’ve given this issue 3 days of my time so far and have reached out to so many people with no luck of a resolution 😞

div[data-value="Default Title"] {
display: none !important;
}

KuldeepKumar20
Shopify Partner
279 34 62

Can you send shop URL? If still having issues.

For Design, Development and custom changes Hire Me.
If your problem solved then Like & Accept this Solution.
Email ID: kuldeep200395@gmail.com
Shuvert
Visitor
1 0 0

YA ESTA SOLUCIONADO

ZahniDe22
Visitor
2 0 0

thanks! where do I place it?