How can i add paypal express checkout button to cart page (information) ?

4 0 0

Hello everyone,i just noticed that i dont have paypal express checkout button in my cart page.
i have the button in the product page,but not in the part of the checkout.

clicking "add to cart" > checkout> and there is option only to shipping details.

Im using Debut theme

this is my store : 

my store.png

And this is example of store that i would like to do the same

his store.png

hope to solve it 

Thank you = ] 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
29 7 7

Hi @Shai852 ,

Dani here from Shopify!

The PayPal Express button will show up on either the Cart page, or the first Checkout page (the information page). So in order to have it appear on that first page of the checkout, you would need to remove it from the cart page.

Before making any changes to the theme code I always like to suggest duplicating your theme. You can do this by going to Online Store>Actions>Duplicate. Just in case!

To remove the PayPal button from the cart page, you have to locate the section of code below. It will vary a bit from one theme to another, but the key is to find content_for_additional_checkout_buttons. Using Command + F on your apple keyboard is a great way to find that quickly! In the Debut theme, this will be located in your cart-template.liquid section of your theme. It should look something like this:

{% if additional_checkout_buttons %}
    <div class="additional-checkout-buttons">{{ content_for_additional_checkout_buttons }}</div>
  {% endif %}

Now we're just going to tell the system to ignore it by putting it between a {% comment %} and {% endcomment %}. You could remove it all together, but adding these comment tags is generally the safest option! The result will look like the code below.

{% comment %}
  {% if additional_checkout_buttons %}
    <div class="additional-checkout-buttons">{{ content_for_additional_checkout_buttons }}</div>
  {% endif %}
{% endcomment %}

Once you comment out that piece of code, your additional checkout buttons (in this case, PayPal) will display on that first page of the checkout instead of the cart page. Since you are using Debut, which is a Shopify developed theme, our Themes team may be able to customize this for you. If you would prefer that option you can contact our Support team to get that started.

Out of curiosity, why are you looking to move your PayPal button? Is it for user flow, or possibly tracking your checkout analytics?

Let me know if you have any further questions!

All the best,

Dani

Dani | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
4 0 0

Hey Dani,

Thanks on the quick replay
i didnt knew that i have to remove it first from the cart page.
i thought i can make it on the cart page and also in the information page
like i saw in a few stores.

0 Likes