How can i leverage browser caching?

Highlighted
5 0 0

As the title states wondering how I can leverage browser caching I done a gtmetrix site report on my site and its saying leverage browser caching how do I do this? 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Shopify servers should be taking care of that already. 

What's the link?

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

@studio-umbrella  I'm getting a score of 49 for browser caching! one thing that is completely slowing down my site I am using gtmetrix.com for the speed test here is the link to the site. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

It's most probably caused by the apps you're using....

That's the big problem with apps, if not coded well, they take up a bunch of resources and slow the site down...

But Shopify doesn't support doing this: https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Discussion/How-to-set-up-browser-caching/m-p/450953

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

@studio-umbrella That's annoying so there's nothing I can do about it? 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Nope. It is annoying because these apps really affect the speed of the sites and it's hard to overcome it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

@studio-umbrella Sorry about all the questions but if there's nothing I can do about the leverage browser caching is there anything I can do about the Defer parsing of JS? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
You should Google it. You can add “defer” attribute to the script call in the code. But this can cause problems with the order of the loading of them.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
107 9 17

add this snippet ;)

<!-- Leveraging Browser Caching -->
  <meta http-equiv="Expires" content="30" /> 

content="custom value of days"

The meta data above means that document is considered expired after the specified date and time. If you set it to “0“, the browser will check for a fresh new document on each visit.

Want to customize or make changes to a theme? Hire me.
If my answer was helpful please Like and Accept Solution.
Email: oscar@sobefy.com
2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
107 9 17

Agree when it comes to app. For simple site tweaks such as top bars, promotional bars, etc, it's best to code them directly onto the theme and not rely on third party apps. 

Want to customize or make changes to a theme? Hire me.
If my answer was helpful please Like and Accept Solution.
Email: oscar@sobefy.com
0 Likes