How can i leverage browser caching?

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, I'm facing the same issue. Can you please tell me where to add this code 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
107 9 17

The code is implemented right before the closing </head> tag on your theme.liquid file 

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Want to customize or make changes to a theme? Hire me.
If my answer was helpful please Like and Accept Solution.
Email: oscar@sobefy.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

did this work for you? I have noticed no one is confirming when something works.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I added it and seen no change in https://gtmetrix.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Has this caching issued been resolved? I'm seeing the same thing on my end, I'm getting and (E) 52 on GT metric for Leverage browser caching

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Has this issue been resolved?  I get f35 foe Leverage Browsing cashing and do not know how to fix it. I will appreciate your help. Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

I have the same issue. When I upload products sometimes not showing up at all on the front page even it's published so Shopify support have to clean server cache memory every day manually for me. Any suggestion?
Leverage browser caching looks like it's an issue to any Shopify website.

0 Likes
Highlighted
9 0 0

I agree with the previous one that the document has most likely expired. In your case, I used the USB - dongle (lostdongle.com/buy/sentinel-hasp-srm/) on which I created a backup copy of all my files. At the same time, the cached files were also saved to the media.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm seeing this issue for one of my client's sites as well. Is there any unanimous answer to enable browser caching in Shopify?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

@SobefyOscar wrote:

add this snippet ;)

<!-- Leveraging Browser Caching -->
  <meta http-equiv="Expires" content="30" /> 

content="custom value of days"

The meta data above means that document is considered expired after the specified date and time. If you set it to “0“, the browser will check for a fresh new document on each visit.

Thanks, it seems to be working like a charm.

I was able to implement this despite not being good at coding.

1 Like