Solved

How can we change default country selected at checkout?

RollsGhost
Visitor
2 1 0

How can we change the default shipping address country selected at checkout? We're losing tons of customers because Canada is selected by default in our checkout when it should be United States as 99% of our traffic is USA (we're a Canadian company but we ship from USA) - it makes people think we ship from Canada and auto-fill will also not work when they try to put in a USA address since Canada is selected by default

I just spoke with Shopify support chat and was told Shopify Plus would be the only way to fix this... but is that true? That seems crazy that such a basic and fundamental feature we are not able to do, we are basically being penalized for being a Canadian company at that point and are forced to get Plus?

Accepted Solution (1)

RollsGhost
Visitor
2 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

UPDATE: Never mind, it seems like it is selected based on Geolocation - I tried a US VPN and it still showed Canada so I thought it was broken but it seems to select USA if someone from USA tries to checkout

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

RollsGhost
Visitor
2 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

UPDATE: Never mind, it seems like it is selected based on Geolocation - I tried a US VPN and it still showed Canada so I thought it was broken but it seems to select USA if someone from USA tries to checkout