How do I add more product info on the Order page?

Aleemahs
2 0 0

Hi,

I'm looking for some advice on how to add additional information to the standard Shopify Order page.  Our current situation is as follows;

• We pick our orders based on the Shopify Order page - we don't use any apps or printouts.
  • Each line item on the order has the following info;
    • Product name
    • Variant
    • SKU
    • Price 
    • Quantity

The issue we have is that the products we sell are either sold by weight, e.g. 1 unit = 5 grams (weights are set in the product page Shipping section), or by a set number of pieces, e.g. a bag of 10, 25 or 50 (dependant on the product) - with weight for the bag of 50 set in the Shipping section of the product. 

When we view the order page, each line item only has the quantity - we cannot see if that quantity is 5 grams or a bag of 50 unless we drill through to the product and variant, which is time consuming.

My question is - how can we add more information to the order page so I can see the unit of measure whether it be weight or the number of pieces?

• Do I need to set up my products differently?
  • Do I need to use product meta fields?
    • We have a significant amount of products so I don't want to have to enter data in more than one place, e.g. weights.  Some of the meta field apps I've seen will require us to manually enter weights, i.e. it won't pull the weight from the product, which can result in discrepancies
  • Is there an app we should be using for picking orders instead of the standard Shopify order page?

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Kind regards,

0 Likes