How do I link a logo on the homepage to the footer?

Solved
Highlighted
11 0 0

Hi,

I've a logo at the top of the homepage and I would like to link it to the footer of the same page. Anyone knows how to link it?

Thanks! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Astronaut
1083 175 211

Hey,

1. What do you mean by "link"? Do you want the same logo that appears on the header to appear on the footer?
2. Send your website URL so we can help you with accuracy

Thank you

◦ Problem Solved? ✔️ Please click on Accept as Solution and like.
◦ Hire me! Recommended by 25+ customers on Facebook. Click here to read their reviews.
◦ Contact me at: diego.boarutto.fortes@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
525 52 65

Hey, @HLO.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thanks for reaching out.

If you're using a Shopify-supported theme and, if your store is subscribed to a plan, our Theme Support can help with adding a logo to your footer. However, as suggested by @diego_ezfy, it's best for us to gather all the details before moving forward with your customization request.

For example, are you wanting the same logo as your header in the footer? Did you want them the same size? Did you want the logo aligned left or right in the footer?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
11 0 0

Hi thanks for the reply! I have an icon at the top of the page, this icon should be clickable and when click it should navigate user to the bottom of the same page.

It's basically an icon that says: 10% off First Purchase. And I want to lead them to the newsletter signup textbox at the bottom of the page. Please also suggest a better way to do this.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Astronaut
1083 175 211

@HLO Hello,

As aforementioned, unfortunately we are unable to help you without taking a look at your website to debug it.

Thank you 

◦ Hire me! Recommended by 25+ customers on Facebook. Click here to read their reviews.
0 Likes
Highlighted
11 0 0

Hi,

Thanks for replying. Here's my website, shopathappylittleones.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Astronaut
1083 175 211

Hello,

Achieving this using the Privy app is not recommended, it will unnecessarily slow down your website. An analogy would be like painting a wall with a hammer: possible, but far from a good idea.

Ideally, to achieve what you need, you'd want to hire a Shopify expert to develop a custom solution for you.

This person could develop a button looking exactly like the one you currently have and, once clicked, it would scroll down to the footer as you wish.

Kind regards,
Diego

0 Likes
Highlighted
11 0 0

Hmm...I'm not trying to link the pink privy button to the bottom of the home page. I am trying to link the icon (below the scrolling image) that says "10% Discount on first purchase" to the bottom of the footer of the page where the newsletter subscription is. Is that possible?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Astronaut
1083 175 211

@HLO 

When I search for any content with "10%" the only thing that appears is the Privy button.

dantepw_0-1597037598608.png

Have you renamed it to something else?

Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Astronaut
1083 175 211

@HLO  

Nevermind, I found it - it was an image. I developed a code for you, try it out please:

1. In your Shopify Admin go to online store > themes > actions > edit code
2. In your theme.liquid file, find the </body> (press CTRL + F or command + F on Mac)
3. paste this code right above the </body> tag:

<script>
function scrollToNewsletter(){
var a = document.querySelector(`li.logo-bar__item:nth-child(1)`);

if (!a){
    return;
}

const scrollToElement=(n,t=200,e="linear",o)=>{const i={linear(n){return n},easeInQuad(n){return n*n},easeOutQuad(n){return n*(2-n)},easeInOutQuad(n){return n<.5?2*n*n:-1+(4-2*n)*n},easeInCubic(n){return n*n*n},easeOutCubic(n){return--n*n*n+1},easeInOutCubic(n){return n<.5?4*n*n*n:(n-1)*(2*n-2)*(2*n-2)+1},easeInQuart(n){return n*n*n*n},easeOutQuart(n){return 1- --n*n*n*n},easeInOutQuart(n){return n<.5?8*n*n*n*n:1-8*--n*n*n*n},easeInQuint(n){return n*n*n*n*n},easeOutQuint(n){return 1+--n*n*n*n*n},easeInOutQuint(n){return n<.5?16*n*n*n*n*n:1+16*--n*n*n*n*n}};const r=window.pageYOffset;const c="now"in window.performance?performance.now():(new Date).getTime();const u=Math.max(document.body.scrollHeight,document.body.offsetHeight,document.documentElement.clientHeight,document.documentElement.scrollHeight,document.documentElement.offsetHeight);const f=window.innerHeight||document.documentElement.clientHeight||document.getElementsByTagName("body")[0].clientHeight;const m="number"===typeof n?n:n.offsetTop;const s=Math.round(u-m<f?u-f:m);if("requestAnimationFrame"in window===false){window.scroll(0,s);if(o)o();return}function d(){const n="now"in window.performance?performance.now():(new Date).getTime();const u=Math.min(1,(n-c)/t);const f=i[e](u);window.scroll(0,Math.ceil(f*(s-r)+r));if(window.pageYOffset===s){if(o)o();return}requestAnimationFrame(d)}d()};

a.addEventListener('click', function(){
var footer = document.getElementById('ContactFooter');
scrollToElement(footer, 850, "linear");
});
}

scrollToNewsletter();
</script>

Let me know whether it works please.

0 Likes