How do I manage the 'Shop By' drop down menu for customers?

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello. I want to create a simple drop-down menu for customers so that they can search through my products with ease. I'd like 3 main filters (Products, Size, and Brand), with mini filters under each, such as 'Trousers', 'Dresses', etc.

After some research, I believed that I needed to change my tags to the following format: "Product_Zara", for instance. However, after doing this there has been no change in the drop-down menu on my website. Currently, the 'Shop By' drop-down menu lists over 100 filters, which is far from user-friendly.

I'd greatly appreciate any help or advice!  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2294 116 343

@Clara09 wrote:

After some research, I believed that I needed to change my tags to the following format: "Product_Zara", for instance. 

This is only a naming convention the theme itself still needs to have code logic to support such a convention.
Themes vary wildly as do the code solutions.

If you followed a tutorial from the developers that created your theme you need to contact them for support.
if you followed an advanced theme customization tutorial and are hoping for forum volunteer help you will need to be much more granular on the problem being solved such as providing theme names, store&example urls, code samples,etc.

Goodluck.

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thanks very much for your help, Paul. I will go back and look into thus further. Clara

0 Likes