How do I rename my Shopify-managed domain name?

Solved
purrmit
4 0 0

NOTE: I'm talking about (name).myshopify.com, NOT the primary domain name.

0 Likes
Finley
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
201 26 28

Hi @purrmit,

Finley from Shopify Here! Thanks for posting your question.

I understand you'd like to change the .myshopify.com URL you see when logged into your Shopify admin.

20-09-bfhhd-oar33.

This URL is created when you first set-up your Shopify account and cannot be changed.

Is there any reason in particular why you'd like to update this?

I ask this because once you buy a custom domain or connect an existing custom domain, your customers will not see your .myshopify.com URL, as long as you set your custom domain as your primary domain.

At this stage, your .myshopify.com URL would only be visible to you or any staff when logged into the Shopify admin.

Create a new account and transfer your information

In saying that, if it's important for you to have a different .myshopify.com URL, you can create a new account with your preferred store name.

You'll be able to transfer some of the information in your current store, following our guide on backups and duplications.

In that guide, you'll see that that the following information is available to be backed up via a CSV file:

• Products
  • Customer
  • Orders
  • Gift card codes
  • Discount codes
  • Financial data

There are also third-party apps on the Shopify App Store that you can use to back up your store's information.

Shopify Compass

How are things going with the rest of your website?

If you're looking for the next steps to grow your business further, you may be interested in our video courses on Shopify Compass!

This is a free resource for you to learn about anything from marketing to store design. I highly recommend taking advantage of this as you'll find many tips and strategies from experts in different fields.

As always, should any questions arise, be sure to reach out to us!

Cheers,

Finley | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

JJELAMBI
1 0 0

Hi @Finley 

If I transfer all the information to my new store and have an annual subscription plan, does that transfer to ?? how to transfer the plan??

0 Likes
Finley
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
201 26 28

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @JJELAMBI!

I hope all is well! Did you end up having your annual subscription moved over to a new Shopify account? I'd like to let you know that this is completely possible to move your annual subscription credits over to a new plan.

While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request. Since this is the next step, I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic.

As described in my initial response, there is some information you can transfer, such as your products, customers, order data, etc. It's also possible to transfer your theme if you're using a free Shopify theme. However, please keep in mind that if you've purchased a third-party theme license, only one Shopify store can use that license at a time. If you have any other questions, please do let us know.

Thanks!

Finley | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes