How do i charge customers taxes once they have subscribed to my site as a user?

Solved
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello,

I am having an issue when trying to tax customers. If I create an order the tax is automatically added but when I add a customer that has already registered or subscribed the taxes disappear and online if they attempt to purchase taxes are also deleted and then a message saying their items can not be shipped and to call me. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thank you,

Melone' Hernandez

832-827-4553

Love It Live It Bundles

https://love-it-live-it-bundles.myshopify.com/

info@loveitliveitbundles.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Navigator
293 32 66

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @LiliBundles 

It sounds like you might need to set up taxes as well as shipping rates for your customers' locations. First, I would make sure that you need to charge taxes, based on the customer location. Obviously, if it is a customer from your state you will need to. If they are not, then you might not need to charge taxes (best to consult a sales tax professional to ensure your compliance).

It will only charge taxes to customers that are ordering from locations where you have a tax registration set up in your taxes settings.

On the shipping side - go into your shipping settings and make sure you have your shipping zones set up to include all of the locations from which your customers are ordering, and ensure you have shipping rates set up. 

If you do already have your zones and rates set up, ensure your rate setups can properly accommodate the contents of your customers' orders. For example, if you have a weight-based rate, ensure the weight ranges you have entered cover ALL weights from 0 oz. to  ∞. If you have price-based rates, ensure that the price ranges you have entered cover from 0$ to ∞ . If you have carrier calculated rates, ensure you have the individual services checked/enabled for each carrier.

1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thank you!

0 Likes