How do you remove the preview/next buttons on a product description page?

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

I know it's something with removing html/liquid from the code, but cannot seem to find it. Any assistance on where to find the code and remove it would be appreciated. Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
2547 179 396

Hi @Rach434,

Nick here from Shopify. 

I spoke to our theme support team and this is something which is definitely possible. Would you be able to tell me what the name of the theme you are using is, please? The reason I ask is that each theme is different and the placement of the line of code could be different for each theme. To be able to give the best next steps, knowing which theme you are using will be a huge help. 

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

All the best, Nick 

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted

It's hard to give you an exact answer without knowing your theme. If you are using the Chrome browser, however, you can right click on the buttons, choose "Inspect," and find the div that contains them. You'll want to copy the class name associated with the div. Then go to edit your theme's code and find your main .scss file. It's usually called theme.scss. At the bottom of this file insert .className (using the name you copied) and { display: none; }. Hope this helps!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

Thanks for the reply - the theme is turbo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
2547 179 396

Hi @Rach434,

Thanks would it also be possible to reply with a link to the theme or highlight exactly what you mean when you say the Next/Previous buttons, please? 

The Turbo theme is not in the Shopify theme store but is developed by a well-known developer for Shopify themes called Out of the Sandbox who could be worth reaching out to directly about this also. 

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

hey, @Rach434 , I see that you had a similar problem that I'm facing i.e how to remove the next/previous button. by any chance, you got the solution? will be happy to hear out from you! :)

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi

Could you provide the url of your page and a screenshot of what you want to remove? I could take a look to help you to remove it!

Richard | Front-end Dev @ PageFly
- Click 'Like' to let me know you like my answer!
- Are you having problems building Shopify stores? Check out PageFly - An Advanced Page Builder whose goal is to empower anyone to build a perfect store.
0 Likes