How to Remove Shipping Method Page from Checkout

Solved
hustleou
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi there, I would like to remove the shipping method page from the checkout.

All my items have just 1 type of shipping and it's free shipping, so the customer does not need that extra step on the checkout page, to confirm the type of shipping.

Is there a way to easily disable that step so that the checkout consist of two steps (customer info + customer payment info)?

And even better, if there is a way to integrate everything into 1 step, it would be awesome.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Julie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1103 105 276

Hi, @hustleou!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

As long as the This is a physical product option is selected for your products, customers will have to go through the Shipping stage in your online checkout. This is because a shipping rate will still apply to the order, and in some cases, the shipping address may be different than the billing address. 

Because the order will be shipped, there isn't a way to bypass this stage in the checkout. If you are selling digital products or services, on the other hand, then customers will not have to go through the Shipping stage. 

That being said, I definitely believe there's value in going through the Shipping stage even if you are only offering free shipping, since it provides customers the opportunity to confirm that shipping is free before placing the order. From a buyer's perspective, I find this quite useful. 

To address your second question, it's currently not possible to integrate each stage of the online checkout into a single step. To maintain a safe and secure checkout process, steps within your online checkout cannot be added or removed. You can, however, customize the style of your checkout.  

I hope this clears things up, but let me know if you have any further questions!

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
hustleou
Tourist
6 0 1

Hey Julie,

I believe, Shopify should include an option to arrange the checkout in 1 step, instead of 3.

There are 3rd party solutions such as Shopipay that allows you to do that.

If there are external solutions offering that service is a sign that there is demand there.

So by offering a way to change from 3 pages checkout to 1 page checkout, Shopify will become a better product.

0 Likes
Julie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1103 105 276

This is an accepted solution.

Thanks for following up, @hustleou

I appreciate the suggestion and I'll be sure to pass it along to our developers; for some businesses, I can see how it would make sense to have a single step checkout. 

While it's not currently possible to modify the checkout, there are some customizations available for Shopify Plus merchants. I'm not quite sure if you are ready to consider upgrading to Shopify Plus, but if you do decide to upgrade, you will get access to the checkout.liquid code file which allows you to create certain checkout modifications. 

If you aren't ready to make the switch to Plus, then you can offer customers a quick checkout process through accelerated checkout methods, like Shop Pay, Apple Pay, Google Pay, PayPal Express, and more. Customers can access the accelerated checkout methods through dynamic checkout buttons, which can be found on product pages and within the cart page. 

Accelerated checkout methods save customer payment and shipping information so that returning customers can more quickly complete payment for their orders. When a customer returns to a store that offers an accelerated checkout method, their information is automatically filled in at checkout, making the process much quicker. Most stores already have accelerated checkout methods available, so it's really just a matter of relying on your customers to choose one of those methods before heading to the checkout. 

Nonetheless, I really appreciate the suggestion and I'll be sure to pass it on to our developers. We regularly announce new features in our Changelog, so keep an eye there for updates. I hope these workarounds will suffice in the meantime! 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog