How to Sort Out of stock products to the bottom of a collection in Debut theme?

Jackzavelli
Excursionist
34 0 3

Hi,

Please help,

How can i make sure all out of stock items are pushed to the bottom of the collection when a customer views a collection and ensure those in stock are listed first?

Many Thanks for you help!

Replies 6 (6)

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

Hey, @Jackzavelli

Helen here from Shopify Support. Thank you for your question.

One way to arrange the products in your collections to have the out of stock items displaying last, is to manually arrange the products in the collection. This will require you to adjust the order of your products within a collection as they run out of stock, and then again as they come back in stock. 

To automate this process, I suggest using an app. Custom Collections Builder has the ability to create collections with specific product arrangement options, such as by stock quantity. As the inventory of an item increases or decreases, the app will detect the changes and adjust the order of the products in the collection as necessary. 

Custom Collections Builder has a 15-day free trial, so I recommend adding it to your store, and spending that time to determine if it works to your preference. If it does not, simply uninstall it before the trial expires and you will not be charged for it.

Are you interested in letting your customers know when out of stock items are back in stock? If so, the App Store has options for this as well. For example, Back In Stock: Customer Alerts enables your customers to receive an email or SMS text message when the item they are wanting is available to purchase again. This is a great way to encourage recurring traffic to your store.

The Custom Collections Builder and Back In Stock: Customer Alerts apps are created by third party developers, so if you have questions about the set up, or functionality of either of them, please reach out to the developer directly. We have instructions on how to contact third party developers for assistance here.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

SandyUK
Tourist
7 0 15

This is crazy! How did shopify become multi billion company with basic common sense features like these missing? A simple checkbox should have solved this.

shire_ecomm
Visitor
2 0 0

Mete
Shopify Partner
132 0 37

Hi @Jackzavelli,

If you're still looking for a solution, our app, Push Down & Hide Out of Stock, does exactly what you want!

You can move out of stock products to the bottom of the collection with our app. Also, if you don't re-stock a product, you can hide it automatically.

You can find more details on our app page.

We have a free plan, and if it is suitable for you, you can use it for free!

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at support@merchbees.com

Best,

Co-Founder / Developer at: merchbees
Merchbees Low Stock Alert - Keep track of your low stock items by email and slack
Merchbees Inventory Value - Know your inventory value and quantity in real-time
Push Down & Hide Out of Stock - Move out of stock products to the bottom of the collection to improve SEO & hide/ unhide automatically

cfc_webmaster
Explorer
47 0 104

I was not satisfied by any of the answers in the community so I put this post together showing how to modify the template code to order by stock. I think this should be built into Shopify

https://community.shopify.com/c/shopify-discussions/sort-by-stock-push-out-of-stock-to-bottom-of-lis...

This "human idea" seems like common sense: "Push out of stock items to the bottom"

However, after trying to make this happen I do indeed see why Shopify has ignored this... with enough community support we could help bring this feature to Shopify's attention, and with the right DEV team on their end a good solution could be reached by enhancing the Shopify core code and collection array. (further details in link above)

Good luck.

Miriam_Solovey
Shopify Partner
32 0 2

Hi @Jackzavelli and @SandyUKthis is Miriam from Kimonix app. Our app can help push your out-of-stock products to the bottom with one click!

Here’s how it looks in the app:

Miriam_Solovey_0-1706183777505.png

Watch this
short video to see how easy it is to sort a collection using the app.
By the way, you can also combine this with more automatic sorting and filtering by more than 60 data points.

We are a plug-and-play solution (we are not touching your code) so feel free to try the app.

Let me know if you have any questions! 🤗