How to access my Shopify purchased domain to update my MX records.

Idyllism
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello,

I purchased my domain name through Shopify while setting up my shop. I'm trying to set up custom email addresses hosted by Google Workspace with my domain name. Google wants me to connect to my domain provider to update the MX records, however, there is no information on Shopify help on how to do this. If I recall, when purchasing the domain, it said Shopify was using Tucows Domains Inc. as the their registrar. And yet I cannot find a way to access my domain through them either. Am I going about this all wrong? Is there simpler solution?

Thanks, all!

Replies 2 (2)

Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1793 196 467

Hey there, @Idyllism 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

Thank you for reaching out regarding this. If you still have access to your Shopify Account, what you will need to do is go to your Shopify Admin.

1. From your Shopify Admin click on Online Store > Domains.
  2. Once in the domains section, you will see your domain listed, click on Manage beside your domain. 
  3. From the Manage section click on DNS Settings, this will bring you to the section where you can add MX Records to your domain. 
  4. From here you will be able to add custom MX Records as per your email provider's instructions! 

If you no longer have access to the Shopify account that the domain is connected to you will need to contact Support to gain access to your account so that you can transfer your domain to another host. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request. Once you have been authenticated as the owner of the account our Support Staff will be able to give you temporary access to the account to allow you to transfer your domain to another provider as per this guide. 

As this is one of your first posts in the Shopify Community I would like to welcome you! Welcome! I would recommend reading our guide on getting support from the Shopify Community here so you are best equipped when looking for support through these forum boards. I would also recommend taking a look at our introductory guide to Shopify here in our Help Center. The Help Center is packed with brilliant resources on everything Shopify-related to help you get started. 

What is it that you are planning on selling with Shopify? I would love to know more about your business so that I can provide more specific resources to help you get started.

In the meantime, as you are getting prepared to launch your store soon I would definitely recommend taking a look at our Essential Shopify Store Launch Checklist before going live to make sure you don't miss anything. We also have this great Buyer Trust 101 post which goes through how to make your store more trustworthy to customers so that they will check out. 

All the Best,

Bo

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

yodyglobal
Visitor
1 0 0

Now the domain is under settings and I don't have these options?