How to add I a log in button for customer to log in on narrative Shopify theme?

8 0 0

Hello, 

I'm using Narrative shopify free theme and noticed there is no option for customer to log in, if they ever setup an account?

Does this theme does not allow that? Is there any custom CSS code I need to have this enabled? 

Thank you ahead!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
114 13 18

Hey, @maych!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

Thanks for bringing this up. The free Narrative theme is intended to be as simple as possible to showcase a story rich brand. I do understand you're currently customizing it to fit your business needs and that's awesome!

There's a customer login and account creation link located in the menu. Below I've recorded a GIF for you so that I can help you find that login option.

alt

Will your customers need to access this frequently for loyalty rewards or other membership tasks? I'd be happy to recommend some great apps that can help with this if you're building out a loyalty program. Those are incredible additions to the use of the customer account section!

Here are a couple of those app examples:

I'm sure the great community here will have some great suggestions on other ways to incorporate your customer login to your site. We've got some fantastic partners that frequently reply to forum posts as well.

Speaking of partners you can also opt to seek out a Shopify Expert to further refine and customize the customer accounts feature to have the functionality you might want to be created for your business.

Let me know how you do with the information above! I'm happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
8 0 0

Hi Lilith,

The gif is very helpful! I should clarify my question. I want to show the Log In and Create Account on header instead of the footer. I'm guessing this requires changing a small set of code and wonder if any of the Shopify Community expert or you can help with that?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
114 13 18

Hey @maych! Thanks for the reply!

What I can do is I can email you directly and I can open up a ticket to get our fabulous Theme developers to take a peek. They'll be able to determine the eligibility of the customization for free design time once they've checked your code and theme. I've sent over an email already. If you can reply to it to confirm the information on there and we can go on ahead and send it on up to my pals in Themes.

0 Likes
8 0 0

Thank Lilith, I think that is the 60 mins complimentary developer time. Since I'm just at the beginning of the journey, I'm hoping to save that for the worst situation...

Wonder if anybody in the community can help or give some pointers?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
114 13 18

Of course! Sounds good. Keep me posted!

0 Likes