How to add a link to my button, please help me out!

VinnieD
Tourist
8 0 1

Hi all,

In my theme I need to adjust a button on the contact page to link to a website. The code is the following:

<button type="submit" class="Form1__Submit Button Button--primary Button--full">{{ 'btbcontact.formb2b.submit' | t }}</button>

It's on the following page: https://strawbystraw.com/pages/contact-page

My site referral is: www.strawbystraw.myshopify.com

Any idea how to change the text of the button and add a link to the button? If I try to change it it does not work, only if you click on the text, I use the href html for it, but then only if you click on the text it will take me to the thank you page I have created. I need the entire button to work and send me to the thank you page. Anybody kind enough to help me out with this. You would be a lifesaver!

With kind regards, 

Vinnie

Cheers!

0 Likes
Brie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
551 43 93

Hi, @VinnieD!

This looks to be a built in contact form, added using your theme editor sections. If that's the case, you should be able to change the button text by navigating to Online Store > Themes > Actions (beside your current theme) > Edit languages. You'll then search for "request offer", and there should be a section for you to change that text.

Regarding having the button direct to the page you've created, this will require a bit more custom coding. You can have an Expert do that for you, or your theme developer may be able to customize that for you as well. Hope that helps! 

Brie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
E12
7 0 0

How do I make a button navigate to another page when pushed on shopify? I want my "Notify Me" newsletter button on my password page to navigate to another page when pushed.

0 Likes
Brie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
551 43 93

Hi, @E12!

This will likely depend on your theme and may require a customization in your theme's code. What theme are you using? Would you mind sharing a link to your store with me? 

0 Likes
E12
7 0 0

I'm using the debut theme & the link is www.exetty.com

0 Likes
Brie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
551 43 93

@E12 -

Thanks! Would you want the submission form to still function, but then also redirect to a different page? If so, what page would that be? If the page is on the same store, this wouldn't be possible as the password protection stops the customer from viewing the site. This may be possible if the redirection was to an external site or store, however. 

0 Likes
E12
7 0 0

Yes, I want it to still function. But I want it to automatically enter their email address on the referral page & submit it so customers wont have to enter their email twice (Like one for the email signup on landing page & the referral join page). I just want it to go directly to the referral share page where they can copy their unique referral code

0 Likes
Brie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
551 43 93

Hi, @E12!

Thanks for clarifying. If possible, this would require quite a bit of custom coding and wouldn't be something our team could assist you with. I'd recommend contacting a Shopify Expert to see if they can give you a hand with this. 

0 Likes