How to add form to product and checkout page

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi everyone! 

So I was looking at Shopify as a solution for a client's site. I am still fairly new to Shopify, mainly having used Webflow for most of my site development. However, there are a few features that my client is looking for that is seemingly not possible on their platform; mainly the ability to add a form element to a product and checkout processes. Her business is a floral/ plant studio that sells individual plants, products, subscriptions, and more specialized services. An example of what I am looking to do can be seen here. In this case, they have it set up to be a message to the recipient, with another form on the checkout page for additional comments.

Presently the plan is to use Webflow to build her a theme, convert it using Udesly and then incorporating the theme. The only issue is I have no clue how to go about adding a form to either page where the info will be captured as part of the add to cart process for a product page or on a checkout page.

Can someone please tell me what I might need to do, or tell me where I might look to find the information on how to add the element either before using the conversion or once it is in Shopify?

Less pressing than that, but also something I am looking for is how to set up an option for local deliveries and in-store pick-up options as her business only deals in local sales.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Astronaut
1085 178 213

Hello,

It would require Liquid/CSS/Javascript knowledge to implement this feature, I'm afraid that unfortunately there is no simple copy-paste solution otherwise I'd happily guide you through.

In case you're unfamiliar with these technologies you'll likely want to hire a Shopify developer to assist you.

Kind regards,
Diego

◦ Problem Solved? ✔️ Please click on Accept as Solution and like.
◦ Hire me! Recommended by 25+ customers on Facebook. Click here to read their reviews.
◦ Contact me at: diego.boarutto.fortes@gmail.com
1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hey Diego,

Thanks for the response. That is unfortunate to hear as that's one of the main reasons I was considering Shopify as it seemed like it might be possible. 

I'm familiar with HTML and CSS though I use Webflow as my main development platform, however, I am less familiar with Javascript and I know nothing about Liquid. Is this what you're referring to? 

On the other hand, I do know people who know Javascript that might be able to help me muddle along if I knew where to point them in terms of documentation, or else figure it out on my own. Are there any links you can provide me that might help that process along? I don't expect step-by-step instructions, but any clues might prove invaluable.
I'm not sure if it would help, but maybe screen cap the part of the code from the site I gave as a reference to help me point out what is being done to that site which might in turn help me with later development.

Either way thanks again for the response!

0 Likes