How to add image slider in product page in minimal theme ?

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello everybody. I've been working on my site for a while now however there are few changes I'd like to implement mainly to have a better mobile experience for my customers.

I am using minimal theme . 

On the product page, the images of the product appear as small thumbnails, and they are scattered all over which dosnt look good on mobile, So i was hoping I can turn it into a slideshow or carousel of images like one single row of images with arrows that allow to swipe and see other images of a particular product  something almost identical to what brooklyn theme does for mobile users.

Please let me know what i can do to make it happen. 

Any kind of help, suggestions on my site, even an hello would be highly appreciated, I reached a point where I kinda like the feel of the website for desktop version but mobile ...meh. I think this is a crucial point for my conversions from mobile customers.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 60 144

Hi, there.

Dallas here from the Social Care Team.

Unfortunately with things like this the customizations for mobile in comparison to the desktop version are fairly limited. For that reason, if you are unhappy with how the mobile version looks you'd want to choose a different theme. This'd help to make sure that all of the features that you like are working for each one of your platforms.

I took a look at some mobile versions of the free themes and I think that
Narrative & Boundless would be good for you. Boundless doesn't have the product images in a slideshow, but if you scroll down you can see all options full sized.

I tested them out to see how the product images show up and they are not in a thumbnail format.

I'd be happy to help you try and increase your conversion rate or just give you a general opinion on your store by taking a closer look at the rest of your site if you would like. Can you share your store URL?

In the spirit of talking about conversion rate, I did find some other resources to look at in the meantime. This is a great article that helps with steps taken that may be killing your conversion rate. However, with a bit more information about your store, what you're selling, and what your goals are I may be able to help you decide on a more personalized path to success when it comes to increasing your conversion rate.

Let me know! I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
19 0 0
Hi Dallas,
Could you help me? I am using a minimal theme as well. I have issues with it being responsive on mobile. Also maybe you could help me with the layout for the better conversion, I am struggling to get the front page/flow that i really like that also produces results.
Beadandbasket.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 60 144

As I said above the ability for customizations on mobile is somewhat limited when it comes to features that can be changed for mobile vs desktop. In that case, I suggest that you look into another theme that would work for what you're looking to do. some options to start looking into are the themes Narrative & Boundless. However, we also have more themes that you might want to look into. If you go to this link here you will be taken to our theme store where you're more than welcome to browse around. 

I have some steps in regard to the conversion rate, so I suggest that you take a look over those resources as well. In the meantime I have some other links that I think will work for what you're ultimate. This one goes into the psychology of trying to sell to your customers. This is great because it breaks down the selling process to a deeper level rather than simply just getting your merchants to buy your products. 

Another article that is a little bit older, but it is still very helpful is the one on tips on how to drive your traffic to make more sales. This has a main drive of trying to get your current traffic to move towards sales. 

There are so many different steps that could be taken. Do you mind if I ask you what you have been working to increase your conversion rate up until this point? 

If you want me to take a deeper look into your store I'd be totally willing to do that, but you'll just have to share your store URL. I look forward to hearing back from you and working on this conversion problem even further. 

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
8 0 0

Have you fixed it ? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello Dallas,

I would love to take you up on that offer of inspecting my site to help increase conversions! Please advise.

https://mayblu.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 60 144

Hey, there. 

First of all I love how your site is so clear and to the point. I definitely know what it is that you're selling so that is good. 

There are two things that I do want to point out for your store. 

The first would be to offer free shipping. If you're worried about loosing money on sales I suggest increasing the product price and then offering free shipping. This way you'll still make money, but you won't lose customers to the price of shipping. Shipping prices can be a major deterant for customers. 

The other thing that you're going to want to do is personalize your site to your business a bit more. The images that you have a great, lifestyle images are always a perfect route to go, however adding things like an About Us page or a Product Story can really help your customers feel connected to what you do. It also helps to differentiate your business from other stores that sell the same thing. If you ask your self "why should my customers buy from me" or "why would my customers want to buy from me rather than another store" that will be the answer. Those reasons are what are going to make you stand out in your market. Make sure to take full advantage of that! 

Those steps are some options that you might find really helpful for your conversion rate. 

0 Likes