How to add separate property in shopify admin product adding

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 0

add new property admin prduct creating.pngShopify Admin - New Product adding

Could some one please advise me how can I add new property from shopify admin product creating page.

Thanks,

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Expert
9881 68 1420

The product types and fields are not customisable like that. You'll need to explore other ways of storing that data.
For example, as a tag or in a metafield.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
1 Like
Shopify Expert
21 2 6

You can add extra property/fields for the PRODUCT easily using METAFIELDS app.

I can suggest one the free app - https://apps.shopify.com/metafields-editor-2

It's easy to install and use.
You may check other METAFIELDs app - https://apps.shopify.com/search?q=metafields&st_source=

Regards

Want to modify or custom changes on store for affordable price?
Hire us - https://experts.shopify.com/mandasa-technologies
Email: info@mandasa.in
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1682 42 141

You cannot currently natively add modifications|inputs insitu to canonical admin pages.

So for example , per Ankit_R's answer,  metafield apps will go to a different page to edit and control those fields.

Non-natively you have to grease monkey it or use browser extensions if you want to surface that data, i.e. you are on your own.

Use tags if you want the "property" to be somewhat visible&editable in the native shopify admins sidebar ( e.g; "_star-points-10" ).

Works good if your doing a limited set of products manually, or in bulk using csv.

Theme may need to be updated to ignore that tag in different areas of the frontend if it doesn't already observe the underscore(_) convention.

Use metafields, and supporting apps,  if you want a bit more validation of the data or dont want to complicate your themes current handling of tags.

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept the solution so you can help others.
Confused? Busy? ? Get me to solve it paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com.
Buy me a coffee? ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
0 Likes
Tourist
11 0 0

I have used a meta field app (Metafields Guru) to add separate property to products( eg: star points), and set values for that property.

Here in my scenario, I am taking order, transaction details to a custom application, via web hooks bound with APIs, 

So what I want is to read that meta field values (eg: star points : 10, star points : 20 etc..) from that API ends. 

Does it also want to change the product liquid file to add those meta-fields property and get the values from another API end point ?

0 Likes
Tourist
11 0 0

How I can read the meta fields from a back-end software( separate API).

I have create webhooks (Oder Creation, Transaction Creation) and those are binded with API end-points (xyz/api/GetOrderDetails, xyz/api/GetTransactionDetails etc) and I getting a json response with product/order/transaction details to my application, 

But I could see that meta field values are not passing from shopify, via that webhooks.

Is there any other way to get meta fields to my application ?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1682 42 141

@mmadushanka wrote:

How I can read the meta fields from a back-end software( separate API).

I have create webhooks (Oder Creation, Transaction Creation) and those are binded with API end-points (xyz/api/GetOrderDetails, xyz/api/GetTransactionDetails etc) and I getting a json response with product/order/transaction details to my application, 

But I could see that meta field values are not passing from shopify, via that webhooks.

Is there any other way to get meta fields to my application ?

If you put metafields on the product resource that's where you need to retrieve the metafields from, or pass that data in the order via line item properties or in some cased cart attributes

0 Likes
Tourist
11 0 0

I will try to explain, what I have done to get meta fields values to my application via an API

See the below images.

1). I used meta field app to add a meta-field to property

shopify-metafield 02.png

2). And I have add that meta-field as a hidden value in product liquid file (where in my case it is product-customization-template.liquid file)

meta-field template liquid file 01.png

3). Then I am calling webhooks, to get product details to my application

webhook shopify admin 1.png

4). So I am getting this json result as the order details from the shopify admin. But there I could not see the meta-field value is listed here anywhere or even in the line-item property.

Order Details Json;

{
"id": 1288146616402,
"email": "myemail@gmail.com",
"closed_at": null,
"created_at": "2019-07-10T07:14:18-04:00",
"updated_at": "2019-07-10T07:14:19-04:00",

"line_items": [{
"id": 2804527005778,
"variant_id": 22633931636818,
"title": "Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar 13",
"quantity": 1,
"sku": "AP0001",
"variant_title": "",
"vendor": "myshop",
"fulfillment_service": "manual",
"product_id": 2509970735186,
"requires_shipping": true,
"taxable": true,
"gift_card": false,
"name": "Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar 13",
"variant_inventory_management": "shopify",
"properties": [],
"product_exists": true,
"fulfillable_quantity": 1,
"grams": 1000,
"price": "1250.00",
"total_discount": "0.00",
"fulfillment_status": null,
"price_set": {
"shop_money": {
"amount": "1250.00",
"currency_code": "EUR"
},

}
}
}

Here there is not meta-field is passing through the API from, shopify admin.

Is there any other step to do to get meta-field

or

I have to call the shopify api, with a private app credentials ( app key, password) to get the meta-fields separately by using a rest client

Url : https://myshop.myshopify.com/admin/api/2019-07/products/" + productId + "/metafields.json

( currently I am getting meta-fields values from this way)

Please just advise me.

Manula

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1682 42 141
  1. Form inputs need a name attribute set or your submitting values with no key information
  2. In shopify forms cannot pass arbitrary keyless values in form inputs for retrieval later
  3. Use Line Item Properties(LiP) to pass extra information per product
    • Use underscore convention to suppress that information from displaying during checkout,your cart.liquid may need to be updated.

https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/customization/products/features/get-customization-information-for...

<input type="hidden" name=properties[_binarypoints] value="{{product.metafields.global.binarypoints}}" />

0 Likes