How to add text description and change title on "All products" page?

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 0

Hi, I would like to find out on how to add text description and change title on "All products" page?

This is how it looks now:

Screenshot 2020-09-14 at 22.25.28.png

I would like to change "Products" to something else which would be more authentic to my site. Also, I would like to add a paragraph of text between the title "Products" and filter row.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
102 16 19

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Beekeeper 

Eunice here from Shopify support. Thanks for posting, I'd be happy to help you with this. From looking at your screenshot, I'm not sure if you've got a collection named 'Products' or if it's the default Product page. To cover all bases I'm going to walk you through how to change the titles and text for both:

Changing the title of a Collection
You're able to change the title of a collection page by going to Products > Collections from your Shopify Admin. Choose the Collection you wish to change the title of. In this case, it would be the one you've named 'Products'. Then, hit save.

first.png

Changing the title of the default Product page
If you don't have collections visible on your site, then all of your products will show on a default Product page. You'll be able to distinguish this page if the URL at the top of your browser shows yourstorename.myshopify.com/collections/all when viewing the products on your storefront. If you're using a purchased domain it may look like yourpurchasedsomain/collections/all.

second.png

To change the title of the default Product page just head to Online Store > Themes > Current Theme > Actions > Edit Languages and change the field titled 'Checkout & system / Page titles'.

third.png

Edit the field to change the text and hit save! When you refresh your collections/all page on your storefront you will now see your revised title instead of the word "Products".

Adding text to a Collection page
To add a snippet of text under the title of your Collection just head to Products > Collections. From here, choose the collection you want to add text to, add text to the text box, then hit save.

forth.png

Adding text to the default Product page
Adding a text to the default Product page is not possible without adding custom theme code. If you find this is the case here I recommend creating a manual collection containing all of your products and adding this to your navigation. This will create the same effect as your default Product page while enabling you to add/edit/remove the text under the title at your convenience.

fifth.png

I hope this helps. If you have any questions at all please feel free to respond here!

By the way, I love your Community username! Are you a Beekeeper?! Here's a blog I'd like to share with you for some inspiration; it's a short story about two friends who've quickly grown their small-batch honey business into a successful online store. What kind of products do you sell?

Eunice | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 0

Hi, thank you very much for very informative reply. That has solved my issue. And thank you for the blog post. Yes, I am a sustainable beekeeper who seeks to grow my business. I sell everything related to bee products. But my main produce is raw honey. Do you have any tips on this niche?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
102 16 19

Hey there. I'm glad to hear that solved your issue, @Beekeeper.

Wow, raw honey! That's amazing. In terms of tips, I'd recommend starting a social media page for your business; either Facebook or Instagram would be great for your niche. Sharing visual content is one of the best ways to let your audience know what you’re about. I follow a few beekeepers myself on Instagram and I absolutely adore watching the process! It's because it's something that's so different from my daily life; from smoking the bees to jarring the honey, I find it fascinating and I know I won't be the only one.

People love stories. Storytelling is a part of human nature, and from a business perspective, telling an interesting story is a great way to build customer trust and create an emotional connection with your audience.

If you're interested, I recommend checking out the free Grow your Business with Instagram course by Shopify Compass. It's taught in bitesize tutorial videos so you can stop and start as often as you like. In this course, you'll learn how to build an engaged following and how to turn your story into a brand.

I hope this helps. I wish you the best of luck with your entrepreneurial journey. You got this!

Eunice | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog