How to automate selling digital products

Kjankko
Pathfinder
129 2 13

Hi,

My clients sell digital products (pdf -files). What is the best way (App, I think) to automate the process?

For example:

1. Customer buys the product (digital)

2. When the payment is ready - they get the pdf -file automated to their email

How have you done that?

0 Likes
Wehateonions
Excursionist
22 4 14

Hi, you can checkout the app AnyAsset which handles this kind of thing.

You can upload an asset, assign it to a product, and when the product is purchased it emails the customer a link to download the file.

Also you can have custom assets that dont yet exist. For example you could say Product A is custom, so whenever someone purchases this they are sent an email saying the digital product is being created for them. Once its created you can find that order in the app and upload the unique asset for it and send the email.

Thanks

In need of a Shopify developer for a bespoke app or theme, or maybe just someone that can help you out. Give us a shout, we are always happy to help. Wehateonions
0 Likes
Kjankko
Pathfinder
129 2 13

Hi @Wehateonions ,

Thank you for your reply.

Do you know is it possible to do the following way:

1. My client has a lot of products -> files (pdf -files) >> that may slow down the Shopify store too much

2. If my client storage the products (pdf -files) somewhere outside of Shopify

Question: Can I modify that the customer gets the URL -link to the pdf -file to their email after they have bought the product?

0 Likes
Wehateonions
Excursionist
22 4 14

Sure, you would upload your assets to the app which can cater for 1.5gb per file (not that a PDF would be that big, but worth mentioning).

Then you would assign a product to an asset, for example, Product A is assigned to Asset D, and Product B is assigned to asset N etc.

When a customer then completes (pays) for the order it will look at all the products on that order. If any of those purchased products have assets assigned to them, the app will then generate a unique download link for each and email it to the customer. The customer then clicks that link in the email and it downloads the file for them.

You can also set a limit on each product, for example you may only want the customer to download it a maximum of 1 or 10 times, or you may want to allow unlimited downloads.

Hope this helps.

In need of a Shopify developer for a bespoke app or theme, or maybe just someone that can help you out. Give us a shout, we are always happy to help. Wehateonions