How to change URL of Collection to a different Website

Solved
Highlighted
3 0 0

I've handed over 2 product lines on my website to my husband.  He has created a new website and it is live.  I have redirected the product line links in the homepage menu bar to her website.  However, under the 'Collections' section at the bottom where you can redirect the URL or handle - it only allows to do so within my site.  How can I setup a redirect to another site?  Do I have to change the code?  My business is 15 years old, so I have a lot of traffic to my site and I want returning customers to be able to purchase these product lines that I've handed over to my husband.  I wanted to do redirects for all the products, but it's the same issue if I do them individually. Many thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1781 211 370

This is an accepted solution.

You can't do that through Shopify out of the box tools. There are two options:

1. If your Domain Name Service provider supports redirects, you can configure them there; so the redirect is going to happen before even hitting your store.

2. Implement client side redirects using JavaScript in <head> of your store, so it executes as soon as possible; basically, the JavaScript would verify the URL and if it matches the products that have been moved over will do the redirect

Sergiu Svinarciuc | CTO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thank you

0 Likes