How to change currency

Highlighted
6 0 0

I've made my first sale which is just checking on our store, using bank deposit, we want to change our currency on the store please guide me. 

Thanks 

DaumierSwiss - General - Shopify 5-8-2020 8-49-25 PM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
214 26 36

Hi, @Alex271 !

Thanks for reaching out to us. This is actually expected behaviour as changing the currency of a shop after the first sale has been made can have an impact on other aspects of your business. I'll outline some of these drawbacks below:

- Reporting: With flip flopping between currencies, our reporting doesn't factor in the difference between currencies. So if you had $500 USD processed, that would show as $500 in reports. Say next day you switch to CAD, the report would still read as $500 for previous processing. Since $1 CAD is not equal to $1 USD, the reports in theory will be wrong going forward.

- Product Pricing: Since the dollar amount between currencies is not the same, a product price’s value, could mean something different if currency is adjusted and impact your margins. Ex - $20 CAD, is not equal to $20 USD. Refunds processed after a currency change will also be affected by the currency change.

- Apps: Some apps may have limitations when it comes to changing selling currency. If you need to know how changing selling currency will affect your apps, you should reach out to the App partner to clarify before changing your selling currency.

- Gift Cards: Gift cards with remaining balances in the old selling currency will not work once the selling currency of the store has been changed.

If this is all information that you understand, please let me know! We can get you authenticated and re-enable the functionality for you to change your currency.

Warm regards!

Oliver | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Yes, I understand the circumstance, we are still learning stage on Shopify, thank you for clarifying me in details. I'm Agree with all the terms that you mentioned above. Please Still allow me to change the currency. 

Thank you 

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

how long do we have to wait? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0
I'm still waiting for your email? Why Shopify have so slow service?
0 Likes