How to connect design options and scroll down menu?

2 0 1

Hi there! I´m bulding my phone case web, and I have a specific question regarding how customers visualize the designs of a phone case and choosing one. Please look at this one to get an idea of what im talking about:

https://thephonecaselab.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage/products/world-map-travel

Pass: blosha

The problem is that if you choose a design by clicking on the photo, the "design drop down menu" is not being updated. Right now you have to choose design by choosing from the scroll down/drop down menu. 

Is there any way to fix this, so that the drop down menu automatically gets updated if the customer clicks on a design by clicking on the photo? 

Thanks alot!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
280 21 38

Hello, @Sindre!

It sounds like when you select one of your variant images to select a design, that it doesn't match up with the corresponding variant in the drop-down menu. Thank you for providing the link to your store, I took a look at one of your products and can see this is the case. This is because most themes comes with the ability to have the main image update whenever the variant is selected from the drop-down menu, but not the other way around at the same time. 

The feature to select a variant image to match with the drop-down menu doesn't come with all themes, however it's possible to add it in. One thing I did want to mention is that adding this customization may confuse customers into adding the wrong variant to their cart, so it's best to be cautious about adding this to your theme.

If you're using a free Shopify theme, and it's not one of these: Boundless, Brooklyn, Jumpstart, or Lookbook, then you can follow our tutorial in our help docs on how to add this ability to your theme: Select variants by clicking their image

If you are using a Shopify theme and are on a paid plan, and would like our design team to do this for you, you can reply back to this post and I can send an email to you and forward your request! To learn more about the kind of customizations we can help with when you're using a Shopify theme, check out our design policy here.

Let me know if this helps!

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Shopify Partner
455 80 98

You want a functionality update variant clicking on thumbs, usually it doesn't come with themes, so there is need custom coding, which is not possible to write here, so you have  find some Shopify expert to make this feature work for you.

Author: Hovhannes Sargsyan (aka sarhov).
An individual web developer focused on Shopify development.
Need more help? Feel free to send me a direct message or drop an email shopify@sarhov.com

Email: shopify@sarhov.com
Messenger: @sarhov
Telegram: @sarhov
0 Likes
2 0 1

Thanks @Tira ! I will look into this and hopefully it will solve my issue:) 

Sindre

1 Like