Solved

How to create a Landing page while on Pause and build

cezarlofellem
Tourist
5 0 2

Hi Shopify team,

Can someone please walk me thru how to create a landing page while on Pause and build. I look forward to your prompt response.

Thank you.

Margaret

Accepted Solution (1)

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @cezarlofellem!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

It's great to hear that you're taking advantage of the Pause and Build plan. If you need a bit more time before you start selling, this is an excellent way to continue working on your store at a reduced rate. 

While on the Pause and Build plan, your storefront will still be accessible. This means that customers can still visit your website and browse around. However, the checkout is disabled until you choose a standard plan once again. 

If you don't want to display your products while your store is paused and instead have your online store serve more as a landing page, then there are a couple of options. First, you could temporarily publish a different theme and have that serve as your landing page. In this case, you could then remove or edit your main menu and remove or hide any product or collection sections from your homepage, keeping things simple. This will allow you to continue working on your online store in an unpublished theme; once you're ready to launch, you can simply publish it.

Another option is to use a password to protect your online store. In this case, the password page will serve as a landing page and customers won't see your products while your store is paused. You can also customize your password page and write a message that your customers will see while your store is paused. This is the most common way that merchants manage their stores while on the Pause and Build plan.

If you'd like even more customization options, then you may want to consider using a page builder app like Shogun, PageFly, LayoutHub, or GemPages. These apps offer drag-and-drop page builder tools, making it easy to create a landing page that suits your exact needs. All four of these options are quite popular and have excellent reviews, so I'm confident that you'll find them useful.

I hope this provides you with a few options worth considering and I'd love to hear more about the type of landing page you are wanting to build. What kind of content are you planning to add to it? 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @cezarlofellem!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

It's great to hear that you're taking advantage of the Pause and Build plan. If you need a bit more time before you start selling, this is an excellent way to continue working on your store at a reduced rate. 

While on the Pause and Build plan, your storefront will still be accessible. This means that customers can still visit your website and browse around. However, the checkout is disabled until you choose a standard plan once again. 

If you don't want to display your products while your store is paused and instead have your online store serve more as a landing page, then there are a couple of options. First, you could temporarily publish a different theme and have that serve as your landing page. In this case, you could then remove or edit your main menu and remove or hide any product or collection sections from your homepage, keeping things simple. This will allow you to continue working on your online store in an unpublished theme; once you're ready to launch, you can simply publish it.

Another option is to use a password to protect your online store. In this case, the password page will serve as a landing page and customers won't see your products while your store is paused. You can also customize your password page and write a message that your customers will see while your store is paused. This is the most common way that merchants manage their stores while on the Pause and Build plan.

If you'd like even more customization options, then you may want to consider using a page builder app like Shogun, PageFly, LayoutHub, or GemPages. These apps offer drag-and-drop page builder tools, making it easy to create a landing page that suits your exact needs. All four of these options are quite popular and have excellent reviews, so I'm confident that you'll find them useful.

I hope this provides you with a few options worth considering and I'd love to hear more about the type of landing page you are wanting to build. What kind of content are you planning to add to it? 

cezarlofellem
Tourist
5 0 2
Hi Julie,

It is very helpful. Thank you. I really appreciate it.

cezarlofellem
Tourist
5 0 2

Hi Julie,

I decided to use the newsletter sign-up for the time being. Can you please tell me why does my subscriber does not register on my list? Will you be able to assist? Please advise.

Thanks.

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Thanks for following up!

By default, your password page will display a newsletter signup field, where customers can enter their email address and subscribe to your emails. Depending on your theme, how this looks may differ. However, this is what it looks like on the Brooklyn theme:

21-03-ef6rh-yvdjn

When a customer enters their email address in the newsletter signup field, you should see their information in the Customers section of your admin along with a notification indicating they are subscribed to your emails. I tested out the password page signup function on my own store and after I entered my email address, this is what I saw in the Customers section of the admin: 

21-03-6e8h9-6oopu

This indicates that the newsletter signup function on your password page should automatically register customers as having accepted email marketing. However, if you're experiencing issues with customers not appearing there, then there may be a theme-related issue. 

If you aren't using a password page and you've instead added a newsletter signup form to your homepage, then it's likely that you may have double opt-in enabled and customers aren't opting in. We have some help documentation on collecting customer emails that further explains how customers can subscribe to your newsletters and how you can confirm that they've subscribed. It also offers some information on double opt-in and how this might be why you aren't seeing your customers subscribed. 

How did you add your newsletter signup form? Which theme are you using?

cezarlofellem
Tourist
5 0 2
Hi Julie,

Thank you for your assistance. The current theme on my Shopify at the
moment is Brooklyn, I'm wondering why it doesn't look like the one from you
send previously...
https://themes.shopify.com/themes/brooklyn/styles/playful/preview

Also, is it possible to put POD app (Printful) with this theme as well?

Please advise. Thank you.

Kind regards,
Margaret Cezar
Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

No problem, Margaret. 

The reason why your theme looks different than the one shown in the Shopify Theme Store is likely because the preview is showing a different theme style; towards the top of the screen, you'll notice a Theme styles button. Selecting that, you'll be able to choose from a couple different styles of the Brooklyn theme. 

These themes look different because each one has been customized differently. If you head over to the theme editor in Online store > Themes > Customize, you'll notice a number of sections on the left sidebar. Those sections can be customized; for example, you can add different images to your Slideshow and add custom text to your theme using the Rich text section. You can also drag and drop your sections to rearrange the order in which they appear on your website.

Another key difference is that the style of your theme and its fonts and colors can be customized as well. This is done by heading into the Theme settings section of your admin, which you can access towards the bottom of the left sidebar. Once there, you can customize theme colors under the Colors section, fonts under the Typography section, style under the Theme Style, and more. 

Because themes can be heavily customized, one version of the Brooklyn theme will always look different than another. Your online store should match the look and feel of your brand, so it's important to make sure that you've customized your theme to make it your own.

Our YouTube tutorial on using the Shopify theme editor does a great job of showing how you can customize your theme, so feel free to check that out! We also have some information on how to customize the Brooklyn theme in particular, along with some tips specific to this theme that you should find useful! 

As for using print-on-demand apps with the Brooklyn theme, this is totally possible. In fact, you can use print-on-demand apps with any Shopify theme. This is because print-on-demand apps are specifically for adding products to your Shopify admin; they don't have affect your theme at all. 

I hope this clears things up!