How to create create a multi-product from individual products with linked variant inventories

stevespirit
2 0 0

Looking for some advice please on best way to approach this issue:

Lets say I have 2 products, (mens and ladies version) each of which is in a limited edition of 10 (edition number is printed on the product)

So first I create these 2 products:

• Men's Widget - with a variant called "Edition number" with values for 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 which have a quantity of 1 each

• Ladies's Widget - with a variant called "Edition number" with values for 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 which have a quantity of 1 each

This let's the user select the edition number they want and each number will show as sold out when that number has been selected and sold - all good so far...

Now though I want to offer users a gift set that contains both a Men's widget and a Ladies widget, where they can select the variant edition number for each. However edition numbers in the gift set need to relate to the edition numbers in the individual products - such that if men's widget edition number 3, and Ladies widget edition number 4  are sold out in the individual products, users will not be able to select Men's widget 3 or Ladies widget 4 in the combined gift set. And vice versa also applies - if mens widget 5 and ladies widget 6 are sold in the gift set, those variants need to show as sold out in the individual products.

Is it possible to do this and if so how please? thanks.

0 Likes