Can I remove an empty Blog/News page from my Debutify Shopify theme?

giuseppepara
Visitor
2 0 1

I am currently using Debutify theme app and when looking for my website on Google I can find the Blog/News section which is actually empty. I have gone to Online Shop>Blog and it is actually asking me to create a Blog as far I never inserted one. How can I get rid of this in order to make sure it doesnt appears on the google search?

Replies 7 (7)

diego_ezfy
Shopify Partner
2936 562 883

Hello,

1. Go to Online store > Blog posts > Manage blogs and click on the blog you wish to delete
2. click on Actions > Delete Blogs.

06_42-9i5bt-bwgb5.jpg

Let me know if it solves your issue, please.

Thank you

◦ Follow my blog & youtube for coding tutorials. Most questions in here are already answered there!
◦ Top #4 Shopify Expert, 24h reply. Click here to hire me.
Download copy/paste code snippets that can replace most apps.

giuseppepara
Visitor
2 0 1

Hello, thank you for the reply.

It is actually this the promblem...I don't have any blog post but I can find the page ( which is empty ) searching on google 😕

As you can see if I go to Online store > Blog posts > Manage blogs it asks me to create one as far I don't have any...

Blog.PNG

diego_ezfy
Shopify Partner
2936 562 883

Send me the URL of your website please

◦ Follow my blog & youtube for coding tutorials. Most questions in here are already answered there!
◦ Top #4 Shopify Expert, 24h reply. Click here to hire me.
Download copy/paste code snippets that can replace most apps.

unitedleather
Visitor
1 0 0

I am also having this problem as well.. I need to delete this blog post section of my website and  I already did what you recommended above. my website name is www.unitedleather.com

please help 😮 😞

ImaneO
Tourist
4 0 1

Hello, I had the same issue and solved it like this : 
- Go to Online Store > Blog posts
- Create a blog post (you can keep it as draft/hidden, it doesn't matter, just create one)
- You will now be able to manage your blogs. Click on Manage blogs on the top right
- Select the blog you want to delete, and click "Other operations" (I'm not sure how it's called in your language), then Delete blog.
And that's it!

FiezaImports
Tourist
5 0 4

Thank you.

MilanPB
Shopify Partner
2 0 1

hey,

we are having same issue. our site is www.bestsaree.com and without any blog we can see this https://www.bestsaree.com/blogs/news

Facing some issue for SEO 😞

I had to submit in google search console to remove.

Capture.PNG