How to delete menu icon form mobile view on the Venture theme.

Solved
smilevendor
4 0 0

Hello, I want to remove the menu icon from the mobile view, can anyone help me with that? I'm using the Venture Theme.

67874997_712647025847467_8384577512495120384_n.jpg

0 Likes
Visely-Team
Shopify Partner
1837 210 421

If you can share the URL to your store that would help. There are different versions of the Venture theme.

Sergiu Svinarciuc | CTO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
0 Likes
Katy
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
769 42 163

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @smilevendor !

Katy from Shopify here helping out. I hope you are well. 

As @Visely-Team mentions, it is always helpful for you to include a link to your store here. This will allow community members to best help you out. To edit this, it will require some adjustments to your theme's CSS. As this file cannot be rolled back, you would need to take care when making these adjustments.

Before proceeding, I would also ask you to consider the why behind wanting to remove this? The hamburger menu icon here links directly to your store's navigation. Having a navigation on mobile is user-friendly and allows them to easily access and browse through all areas of your store. 

If you would still like to remove it the code below will work for the latest version of the Venture theme. You will need to add this to your CSS. This can be accessed though your: Online store > Themes > Actions > Edit code> Assets > theme.scss.liquid.  If you could paste the following code to the very bottom of this style sheet:

@include media-query($small) {
.site-header__link {
display:none;
  }
}

This removes the menu icon on mobile devices only. I suggest confirming your store URL or testing this out in a duplicate version of your theme first, to ensure that this works for you. Though I would really encourage you to consider your reasoning behind this. There is also the option to replace the button with some text if you would like to do so instead. 

I hope this helps, though you have any questions at all, feel free to add them here.

Cheers,

Katy

Please note: This account is no longer regularly monitored.
 - If you need assistance please do start a new topic (referencing an older topic/post if you find this helpful).
 - Thank you for your understanding. We hope you enjoy exploring the Community.
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog.

smilevendor
4 0 0

My current store URL is: https://smilevend.myshopify.com/ however it will be changed soon.

0 Likes
Visely-Team
Shopify Partner
1837 210 421

Thanks! @Katy suggestion should do it.

- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
0 Likes
smilevendor
4 0 0

I decided to get rid of this menu because I came across a very good third party app that allows me to build a better menu for my store. It's called Mobile Menu by qikify

0 Likes
smilevendor
4 0 0

Thanks so much for the help, now I implemented this app and it works great! 67967862_491415608323002_4569476677570134016_n.png68255945_480037869220481_1421277868784091136_n.png

0 Likes
Katy
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
769 42 163

Ah okay, I see! Thanks so much for clarifying. I'm glad that everything is working well for you now. 

Feel free to reach out to our Community boards any time at all. 

Cheers, 

Katy

Please note: This account is no longer regularly monitored.
 - If you need assistance please do start a new topic (referencing an older topic/post if you find this helpful).
 - Thank you for your understanding. We hope you enjoy exploring the Community.
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes
Athear5
2 0 0

Hey. I'm currently running into a similar problem and I would appreciate your help.

I have one menu option on my website that says, "Shop", and it shows when you open the website on a computer.

However; when you open the website on a mobile, it does not show. I have to click a handling tool, and I get the hamburger style menu even though I only have 1 option.

Do you have any idea on how I can fix this, so that the "Shop" menu option shows on the mobile?

I use the Debut Theme, and here is my website: https://gogo-fitness.com 

Thanks in advance. 

0 Likes
Visely-Team
Shopify Partner
1837 210 421

hey @Athear5 I would suggest you completely hide that menu from both desktop and mobile. Let me know if you'd need help with the CSS.

0 Likes