How to disable data-phone-formatter-country-code data attribute at checkout?

Solved
Anish-SDG
2 0 0

On my store at checkout, if my US phone number starts with a "91", like "914-123-1234", then the following property and value is set on the phone input field: `data-phone-formatter-country-code="91"`

This value causes the input field to be formatted like this: https://d.pr/i/AgrkgL

Anyone know why this is happening and how I can prevent it?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Shay
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
265 59 55

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Anish-SDG 

Thank you for reaching out to the community forums for support and for sharing a screenshot of what you are seeing on the checkout. That is definitely not the standard format for phone numbers at the checkout and there are a few things that could change that format. I'll list some of them here for you to review on your store and see if they are the culprit:

• Customer has chosen international country
  • Store address is setup incorrectly under Settings > General (Ex: Country set to Georgia instead of state)
  • The checkout is powered from outside of Shopify or a third party

If you are able to confirm that the customer address, store business address and the checkout are setup within Shopify correctly we would then want to have our technical team to take a closer look. This will require us to access your account in order to investigate. While we're not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we'd be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit the Shopify Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request.

If I can assist with any other questions here in the community forums, please let me know.

-Shay

Shay | Support Advisor @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog