How to edit product-template page sections from "Customize" ?

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hello

I added two templates pages for products in my shop, using this guide :

https://shopify.dev/tutorials/customize-theme-create-alternate-templates

Then I added new differents sections on these templates, and I now need to customize them, of course

But templates don't appear in the drop-down menu of "Customize", is this normal ? How could I customize the sections ? I find many informations on creation a new product.templateXXX.liquid but nothing on actually edit the sections I added

customiz-template-page.png

I can only customize the main "product page" but each of my products use a different product.templateXXX.liquid variant, so how to configure them differently from each other from the "Customize" page ?

Thank you !

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Ok I found that I could directly access the "Customize" page of the product I'm currently viewing by click on the shopify bar that is added at the bottom of my site

So I should be able to edit the sections of the template product page I'm on... but if two different templates use the same kind of section, it changes the section configuration for both... What the point of using sections then, if you can only use them once in your theme

I don't get it

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2294 116 352

if two different templates use the same kind of section, it changes the section configuration for both... What the point of using sections then, if you can only use them once in your theme

If two different templates use the same kind of section, it changes the section configuration for both if they all use the exact same theme setting variables.

With the same variable names all your doing is changing the values that just get reused in different places.

https://shopify.dev/tutorials/develop-theme-use-sections

If your doing many areas it helps to add that content to a menu list so you can navigate around in the customizer.

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
0 Likes