How to fix 'Potentially violating Personal data sent to Facebook' on my Pixel?

Lulukoh
Tourist
8 0 14

Please help!

After creating a new campaign on my Facebook Ads Manager, I received an error (below) and now in the Events Manager section, my Pixel shows errors of 'Potentially violating Personal data sent to Facebook'. Refer to full error details below. Can anyone help?

Potentially violating personal data has been detected. This data may not comply with Facebook's Terms and Policies. To help protect Facebook users' privacy, this information was blocked and you will not be able to view or use it.

This issue may affect the performance of any ads optimising on affected events, including those used in Custom Audiences or custom conversions. Learn more about violating personal data
PageView
URL query parameter: pr_rec_pid 29 Apr 2021
URL query parameter: pr_ref_pid 29 Apr 2021

Potential violation details
Open in Events Manager
We detected Credit card data that appeared as pr_rec_pid coming from your PageView events in the URL query parameter. To help protect Facebook users' privacy, this information was blocked, and you will not be able to view or use it.Learn more about violating personal data
What you can do
Update your URL query parameters
URL query parameters don't appear in the pixel code. They are gathered from a web page automatically when an event is fired. View your affected URL and look for where the specific parameter is shown as being removed to help find the problem.

Credit card data should never be sent to Facebook. You'll need to remove this data from the website URL to help prevent this from occurring.
You should discuss this with your website manager

Replies 16 (16)

meller
Tourist
3 0 0

I am also having this same issue.  I hope someone can help. 

Phnet
Tourist
5 0 0

Those data could be unintentionally sent from an app that you're using. What kind of app are you using, especially for cart-related features such as data pickers, delivery option selection (local pickup, shipping, etc.)?

cheers

Lauraniche
Shopify Partner
2 0 1

This issue has started for me today as well

Lulukoh
Tourist
8 0 14

Update: We reached out to Facebook Business, Shopify and our Theme providers. All confirmed this URL Parameter Query is a standard query used in many apps or features within Shopify. Thankfully, Shopify tech teams confirmed it was the 'YOU MAY ALSO LIKE' feature that was parsing these 2 x codes 'URL PARAMETER QUERY'. We simply turned off this feature and it worked! it seems Facebook recently made some updates and included these parameters as unacceptable. Give this a go, otherwise raise a ticket with shopify. It'd also be good if all of us raised a dispute with Facebook so they can have this removed or fixed from their end. 

meller
Tourist
3 0 0

@Lulukoh 

Thanks for the information.  I removed the related products feature on my theme (icon) and tested my URLs again through the Facebook events manager but I'm still receiving the issue. 😞 I do use the Vitals 40+ App that has a lot of product page features so I'm wondering if there's something on there that is causing the issue.  However, I haven't pinned any of the features I'm using down to this issue.  I've tried disabling some of the app features but I'm still receiving the issue through facebook.

EMARTEP
Visitor
1 0 1

Thank you! I think that fixed my problem. We'll see how it goes.

meller
Tourist
3 0 0

Just curious, do you use the Vitals 40+ App?

Lauraniche
Shopify Partner
2 0 1

no I dont, I use very few apps on my store to be honest

the most significant thing Ive changed recently was removing Privvy but that was a week ago

hussamkk
Visitor
2 0 0

Exactly what happens to me when i installed privvy :@

i still can't fix this issue 😞

Carof_Del_Ama
Tourist
7 1 3

Hi!

I have the same issue "URL query parameter: pr_rec_pid (We detected Credit card data that appeared as pr_rec_pid coming from your PageView events in the URL query parameter)". Did you fix this or this issue is still pending? 

Thanks!

C.

Lulukoh
Tourist
8 0 14

Check out the comments above. I provided an update on how we resolved this.

Carof_Del_Ama
Tourist
7 1 3

Hi, 

Thanks! I have "Brooklyn" theme free version but I can't find where to turn off 'YOU MAY ALSO LIKE' feature 😕

C.

Lulukoh
Tourist
8 0 14

In Shopify, go to THEMES > locate the theme you wish to edit, click CUSTOMIZE > at the top, select PRODUCT PAGES from the drop down menu > left menu refreshes, click PRODUCE RECOMMENDATIONS and untick 'Show dynamic recommendations'. This may or may not fix your error but it worked for me. Good luck! If it didn't work, suggest contacting Shopify and create a ticket.

Carof_Del_Ama
Tourist
7 1 3

Hi!

Thank you so much ☺️ 

GemPages
Shopify Partner
5588 1261 1203

Hello @Lulukoh 

I would like to give you the recommendation to support you

The above message will appear if the system detects that the data violates health data regulations. This data does not comply with Meta's terms and policies. To protect user privacy, our advertising system does not store this information and you cannot view or use it. This issue can affect the performance of any optimized ads in the affected event, including those used in Custom Audiences or custom conversions. Review the details in the diagnostics section and determine if you are submitting data that could potentially violate health data regulations.

You need to delete any health data submitted to Meta to resolve this issue. Learn more sensitive health information.

I hope the above is useful to you.
Best regards,
GemPages Support Team

GemPages - Build any high-converting store pages for any business

- If you find my reply helpful, please hit Like and Mark as Solution
- Get connected: App Store | Blog | Community | Help Center

DaleD
4 0 0

I am having this issue where Facebook is flagging the native Shopify search query as exposing potentially sensitive medical info.

https://mysite.com/search?type=product&q=hello

"Review potentially violating health data"

Given that that adding search terms in the URL is standard behaviour for Shopify, has anyone found a fix?