Solved

How to get "www.mystore.com" in address bar instead of "mystore.com"

SoundsGood
Excursionist
38 0 11

Hi.

Anyone know how to get "www.mystore.com" to appear in the address bar instead of just "mystore.com" ?

Thanks!

Accepted Solution (1)

Brie
Shopify Staff
571 48 113

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @SoundsGood!

Your "www.mystore.com" URL is a subdomain of your root (mystore.com), so it should typically be listed under your available domains in your admin. Any listed domains there will redirect to whichever one is listed as your primary domain, so you might be able to fix this by making the "www." domain your primary. To do this, navigate to Online Store > Domains > Change primary domain > select the one starting with "www.". Let me know if that works! If not, I can dig a little deeper for you to see if this may not be possible. Cheers. 

Brie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Brie
Shopify Staff
571 48 113

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @SoundsGood!

Your "www.mystore.com" URL is a subdomain of your root (mystore.com), so it should typically be listed under your available domains in your admin. Any listed domains there will redirect to whichever one is listed as your primary domain, so you might be able to fix this by making the "www." domain your primary. To do this, navigate to Online Store > Domains > Change primary domain > select the one starting with "www.". Let me know if that works! If not, I can dig a little deeper for you to see if this may not be possible. Cheers. 

SoundsGood
Excursionist
38 0 11

Wow...  that did the trick.  Thank you so much!  🙂

Brie
Shopify Staff
571 48 113

@SoundsGood - My pleasure!