How to get the list of contacts from the admin console and via API.

Solved
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,

I am a new bee in Shopify.  I was trying to remove the add to cart button and instead add the contact form to get the details of the customer who is interested in the product.

I understand that the customer details with the custom fields will be sent via mail. But I also want to see the entire list of customer contacts who have shown interest in the product. 

Is the Data stored in the Shopify dataset, if so that I can fetch it via API later? Kindly let me know the possibilities and how to go about fetching the complete contact list in an API.

Thanks in Advance 

Daniel

0 Likes
Highlighted

This is an accepted solution.

Hi Daniel,

Shopify doesn't store any information related to the contact forms added to the website.

Your contact form sends all submissions to the Customer email address of your store.
You can change the customer email address in the General settings of your Shopify admin.

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-store/os/using-themes/change-the-layout/add-contact-form#v...

If you want to store in a database and retrieve the contacts using an app or an API you need to integrate the form of an third-party service like Wufoo, JotForm and many more others.

• If the problem is solved remember to click ✅ to Accept Solution
• Press Like, if the answer was helpful
• Shopify/Shopify Plus custom development, optimization and consulting. You can hire me here.
1 Like