How to handle multiple different data files for each product

magifeda
7 0 0

I am trying to figure out the best way to handle multiple data files/pdfs for each product that I have uploaded. It would take too much time to upload one file at a time and link that file to each product. I have over 1500 products and each of them have their own pdfs for manuals and information. How can I approach uploading each file and link those files to each product efficiently?

0 Likes
Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1110 74 180

Hi, @magifeda.

My name is Tira and I work at Shopify. 

That is a great question. It also sounds like you have a lot of products in your store, so I can see how finding an easier way to upload multiple files and link those files to your products would help you run your business easier.

You can upload multiple files to your site by going into Settings > Files > Upload files and then selecting files from your computer to upload. View our full guide here: Uploading files to your website. Once you've uploaded the products, head into Products in your admin and then click on "Export" to export a CSV file of your products. Open the file in Google Sheets or on a spreadsheet program on your computer, and then in the Body (HTML) column, you can copy and paste the URLs of the files that you want to add to your product description. You can also customize this area with HTML as well, so if your file needs to be a link, you can add HTML to create that link. Learn more about CSV file fields here

Once you're done with adding your content, you can then save the CSV and import the file under the Products > Import section of your admin, as shown here: Importing products with a CSV file. After the products have been imported, you'll be able to see the changes/updates published on your store.

Let me know if this helps! 

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
eusefullone
Shopify Partner
12 2 4

Another option might be to use the App Excelify ....I use it regularly and it's very time efficient. Exports your products with all fields and you can make the edits to the Excel row and columns you want. Then push it back up and golden!

rajeshvix
1 0 0

Thanks @eusefullone 

0 Likes