How to handle "spam" newsletter opt-ins and password reset requests??

maxbruhn
Shopify Partner
6 0 0

My clients shop is getting hundreds of "spam" newsletter opt-ins and password reset requests every day.

I tried implementing google recaptcha to the forms, but without success. I am also not sure if those forms are already protected by google recaptcha, as the box under spam protection is ticked.

Anyone got any tips how to handle this? Any scripts I can implement?

Replies 3 (3)

r8r
Shopify Expert
2555 327 940

Hi,

are you using the native email newsletter or a 3rd party provider like MailChimp?

Mario

★ Ja, man kann mich buchen; schreib mir eine Nachricht!
★ Hinterlass gerne ein Like und markiere meine Antwort gegebenenfalls als Lösung. Ich freue ich mich immer über eine Spende an die (Kinder)krebshilfe oder eine kleine Aufmerksamkeit.
Studio Mitte
maxbruhn
Shopify Partner
6 0 0

native email newsletter form.

I see on another shop i manage, that after subscribing, i am forwarded to a recaptcha form. This does not happen on the site that is getting all the spam sign-ups.

ShopProtector
17 0 0

Hi

You could use Shop Protector app for this. 

There are 2 products, broken up by plan type, for SP (Shop Protector). SP Basic focuses on form spam and fake account creation. 

SP+ has this functionality too but adds the ability to configure rules to protect against bot-based checkouts, customize risk analysis settings, how to handle auto-cancellation, bulk cancellations, and much more coming soon!