How to remove / delete Shopify Preview link and redirecting into correct URL of shopify store

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,

I am facing problems on my shopify store (www.luvinmart.com), whenever I check back my shopify admin, at the Analytics, Dashboard side, and look for the Top Landing page by sessions, it shows me this 2 links:

1) Frontpage (exvghs3vldkj6vkne7atgi49gg7q6aw-5835161713.shopifypreview.com)

2) Frontpage (yc1c7av788bljcw1rjb8kiy1g41opzd-5835161713.shopifypreview.com)

Both links are belongs to insecure site, and the result show as follows:

Link 1:

Link 1Link 1

Link 2:

link 2link 2

So when I click into link 1 , select any item and put into cart, and whenever I click into checkout, it shows the following page.

link 3.jpg

This issue is really annoying me as my bounce rate is very high (more than 90%), I wonder how it generated because all the while I never do ANYTHING to create these shopify preview link by myself.

I wish shopify staffs can help me to solve this issue, because all the products that I posted, are stuck at checkout page, no customers able to make payment as usual shopify store. I have no choice and temporary to do password protection for my shopify store at the current moment.

Kindly assist on my matter as soon as possible. I am very appreciate your kind assistance.

Thank you.

Marvin Teow

Co-Founder

Luvinmart.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1649 100 358

Hey, @marvin_lucas88!

These links would typically be produced from within your theme customizer which is why they show that the checkout is unavailable. If you're logged in to your account then these links will typically let you bypass the password page and reveals your website. I suspect that the links are being used due to your browser storing regularly used links, or you've copied and pasted the links that appear from within your theme customizer. Either way, using www.luvinmart.com directly will load your password page, and should enable the checkout cart for your customers when you're ready to launch. 

I'd recommend clearing your cache/cookies/browsing history which will clear any mentions of this URL from your browser. So long as you haven't pasted the links elsewhere (ie for friends, customers) then these should fall off your reporting in a matter of time. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Marvin, 

I know it has been a while since your issue but i'm having the same one. My store is open since a week now and when i check my pixel and analytics i can see that some are redirected url are to shopifyperview.com email. Which is annoying as the preview mode does not allow payments! could you please let me know how did you solve this please?

Some say it comes from apps but i only have loox, klaviyo and panel parcel installed.

Any help will be appreciated.

Many thanks

Haby

0 Likes
Highlighted

@Haby 
@marvin_lucas88 

Preview links are only visible to users with whom you share them, therefore newcomers visiting your website will never be faced with a preview link.

You're viewing a preview link probably because you previewed an offline theme.

diego_ezfy_0-1605478409018.png

Note: By offline theme I mean any theme that is not the first one that shows up in your online store admin page.

In addition, preview links last only 15 days and they're used mostly when developing/testing new features. No need to worry about it.

If you want to see how your customers will view your website do this:

1. Open an incognito web page in your browser (please check on google how to open an incognito web page within your specific browser)
2. Enter your URL there. (not the preview link, your actual URL).

Incognito pages will not have cache/cookie issues, so you can see with better accuracy how a newcomer would view your site for the first time.

Kind regards,
Diego

◦ Problem Solved? ✔️ Please click on Accept as Solution and like.
◦ Needing urgent help? I am currently available for hire, same day response guaranteed: diego.boarutto.fortes@gmail.com
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thank you @diego_ezfy for your answer and your time

I understand, you probably right as i updated a new version of my theme few days ago so the urls showing must be from the old version.

I have a campaign running, that mean the urls that i linked to the ad are from the previous theme. Does it mean that the people who click on the link from the ad will have the preview version (more precisely, the version that they can't proceed paiment with?)

If i follow your reflection that mean i will still see these preview URL in my pixel for approx 15 days?

Many thanks for your help, Haby

0 Likes
Highlighted

@Haby 

@Haby wrote:

Does it mean that the people who click on the link from the ad will have the preview version?

If you shared the link www.luvinmart.com they will not see the preview link.
If you shared link.shopifypreview.com then yes, they'll see the preview link.

Please refer to the aforementioned instructions to double check how visitors will see your website.

1. Open an incognito web page in your browser (please check on google how to open an incognito web page within your specific browser)
2. Enter your URL there. (not the preview link, your actual URL).

◦ Problem Solved? ✔️ Please click on Accept as Solution and like.
◦ Needing urgent help? I am currently available for hire, same day response guaranteed: diego.boarutto.fortes@gmail.com
0 Likes