How to remove quantity option for specific products in cart

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi there! I was hoping someone could help me with a series of problems I am having.

For reference, I use the "Responsive" theme.

What I was originally trying to do was, when someone added a specific item to their cart, a free item would automatically be added to their cart. I tried to do this via the Discount code, but unless they put both the required purchase and the free gift in their cart, that won't work. I do not want the customer searching for the free product, specifically because it's hidden from those not receiving the promotion and no one wants to take all those extra steps, hence why I was trying to make it automated.

It doesn't make sense for us to spend $25 a month for an app to do this for us for just a couple products for a limited-time gift. So I searched further and found some suggested code on GitHub (Src: https://gist.github.com/tkirrane/9472722) that walked me through how to add the item into its own navigation thread, and in the carts.liquid put some code that would automatically add the free gift to every shopping cart.

But I needed it to only apply to specific products. I couldn't figure out how to do that, but did find an updated code to the first (Src: https://gist.github.com/cpres/0449e279a9f0edbd4d6c) that at least let me put a minimum price before the free gift is triggered. It's not exactly what I was hoping for but it's pretty dang close.

So my new dilemma that for the life of me I cannot figure out. Once they are in their shopping cart, a customer has the ability to add multiples of the free gift via the quantity selector. I've found some people asking about this, but I was extremely confused with the short responses because their understanding was a little bit more advanced than mine.

Heeeeeeellllpppp!! I saw something about adding a loop to the product page and the cart page, but no actual code or documentation to what this means. Does anyone have any suggestions or come across a solution? I really appreciate it! Thanks so much.

Free gift shopping cart example.PNG

0 Likes
2 0 0

Bumping this message. Hoping someone can offer some help. :) Thank you!

0 Likes