Solved

How to remove "shipping calculated at checkout" on the product pages in Motion theme?

DianeK
Tourist
20 0 2

I need to remove the above message from my product pages because I offer free delivery. Could someone tell me how to remove it from Motion theme please? 

Thanks

Accepted Solution (1)

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @DianeK.

This is Elias from Shopify Support. I'd be happy to lend a hand with this!

You can use the Language editor to replace the text for "Tax included" and "Shipping calculated at checkout" from your product page. Simply access your theme's language editor ('Online store > Themes > Actions > Edit languages') from the admin and look for the Products tab. From there, you can use the search or scroll through the list and find the two fields that you're looking to replace. Then, you can replace the "Tax included" field with "Incl VAT" and replace the "Shipping calculated at checkout" field with a blank space. 

1. Click on the Products tab in the Language editor:

10-55-wfot4-fkfup

2. Find and replace the two fields:

10-57-j3ts3-90syj

I'd love to know of this helps accomplish what you're looking for. Let me know!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 8 (8)

diego_ezfy
Shopify Partner
2935 562 883

Hello @DianeK,

Please share:
- your store URL;
- page URL with the issue you mention;
- storefront password (if your store has one).

If the store is not online yet, please follow this quick tutorial to learn how to safely and temporarily share an offline/unpublished theme URL.

Kind regards,
Diego

◦ Follow my blog & youtube for coding tutorials. Most questions in here are already answered there!
◦ Top #4 Shopify Expert, 24h reply. Click here to hire me.
Download copy/paste code snippets that can replace most apps.

DianeK
Tourist
20 0 2

Hi Diego

neddycare.com

Any of the product pages:- eg https://neddycare.com/products/hot-horse-fly-shield-spray-wipe-on-formula

Thank you

diego_ezfy
Shopify Partner
2935 562 883

@DianeK, do this to fix it in 20 seconds:

1. In your Shopify Admin go to: online store > themes > actions > edit code
2. Find Asset > theme.scss.liquid or theme.css and paste this at the bottom of the file:

.template-product .product__policies > small{
    display: none !important;
}

Please let me know whether it works.

Kind regards,
Diego

◦ Follow my blog & youtube for coding tutorials. Most questions in here are already answered there!

DianeK
Tourist
20 0 2

Hi Diego

Thanks for the help.  

Yes that worked!  But.. it also removed the "taxes included" and we have to have the tax status (I would prefer "Incl VAT" ) as a legal requirement in the UK.

Do you know how to change the text rather than dismiss it?  

Thanks

Diane

diego_ezfy
Shopify Partner
2935 562 883

@DianeK 

In that case Elias' answer would be more appropriate for your scenario. Kindly let us know whether it works.

Kind regards,
Diego

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @DianeK.

This is Elias from Shopify Support. I'd be happy to lend a hand with this!

You can use the Language editor to replace the text for "Tax included" and "Shipping calculated at checkout" from your product page. Simply access your theme's language editor ('Online store > Themes > Actions > Edit languages') from the admin and look for the Products tab. From there, you can use the search or scroll through the list and find the two fields that you're looking to replace. Then, you can replace the "Tax included" field with "Incl VAT" and replace the "Shipping calculated at checkout" field with a blank space. 

1. Click on the Products tab in the Language editor:

10-55-wfot4-fkfup

2. Find and replace the two fields:

10-57-j3ts3-90syj

I'd love to know of this helps accomplish what you're looking for. Let me know!

DianeK
Tourist
20 0 2

Hi Elias

Yes! that worked, thank you very much.

Now the next question is :- Can I move the tax comment to be on the same line and after the price?  

I'm sorry about the sequential questions, but it's only when I see the outcome of the solution that I realise it isn't connected with my final requirement.  It isn't like picking up a pen when writing in one place or the other is the same difference, is it?! Shall I format this in a totally new question? I'd like to fill the white space between price and item number, which is taking up the premium place right in the centre of the screen, with important information for my customers too.

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hi, @DianeK.

Glad to hear that the Language editor worked for you!

You don't need to create a new thread in this case, as your questions are all related to your theme. However, if your questions fall into a separate topic, then I do recommend posting it as a new question - so that someone more specialized in the topic can help with your questions as well.

It is possible to move the tax comment to be on the same line and after the price by modifying your theme's coding. However, it's important to note that our Theme Support isn't able to help with customizing third-party themes, as we're not familiar with the third-party coding. If you're not comfortable working with coding languages, such as HTML, CSS, Javascript, and Liquid, then you can always reach out to the theme developer to get support for your theme.  

That being said, if the developer doesn't offer customization support or isn't able to help you with this, then you can also consider hiring a developer to help with the Motion theme. If you need help finding a developer, I'd recommend finding one on Shopify Experts. Shopify Experts is our directory of certified developers, whom are experienced in working with third-party or custom themes, and they'll be able to help with customizing your theme.

I hope this points you in the right direction to get help with your theme. Keep me posted!