How to remove the manual payment method don't need any more

Highlighted
Tourist
13 0 1

Good Day

As we can see below the screen shot below:

I need to delete the manual payment method, but all we can do is just "deactivate" the selected method.

Can some help us out please?

Thanks in advance.

ScreenShot1.pngScreenShot2.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
470 34 66

Hello, @superpc007!

Sophia here from Shopify. When you add manual payment methods, they are considered "activated", so when you select the option to deactivate a manual payment method, the payment method will be completely removed from your store. Let me know if you're having any trouble with removing these payment options and I'd be happy to help.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi! Is it possible to completely delete them from the manual payment options (not just deactivating them)? Or even at least editing the manual payment method name?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi, as Sofia explained, if you click Deactivate a Payment Method, it will delete it.

Editing Manual Payment Methods name is not supported at the moment.

• If the problem is solved remember to click ✅ to Accept Solution
• Press Like, if the answer was helpful
• Shopify/Shopify Plus custom development, optimization and consulting. You can hire me here.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0

No it will not completely deleted in our store. It will only deactivated and will hide in checkout store. I want also to permanently delete this no just disabling.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Unfortunately Shopify doesn't support at the moment renaming or complete deletion of previous define Manual Payment method.

It will stay in your drop-down list.

2020-09-30 14_31_26-Crazy Web Studio ~ Payment providers ~ Shopify.png

I agree with you that it would be a nice feature to have at least renaming.

• If the problem is solved remember to click ✅ to Accept Solution
• Press Like, if the answer was helpful
• Shopify/Shopify Plus custom development, optimization and consulting. You can hire me here.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
470 34 66

@vdph wrote:

Hi! Is it possible to completely delete them from the manual payment options (not just deactivating them)? Or even at least editing the manual payment method name?

Hi, @vdph!

At this time, manual payment methods can be deactivated but not fully removed from the admin. When you deactivate a payment method, it will disappear from the Manual payment methods section under Settings > Payments, but it will still be available as an option in the drop-down list when you opt to add a new payment method. I created a manual payment method called "TEST" in my own test store to show you what it looks like once it has been deactivated:

20-10-21zn9-5ss62

I would be happy to submit feedback to our developers on your behalf to request the ability to completely remove custom manual payment methods from the admin. If there's any other information you'd like to share about the need for this option, please let me know.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

2 Likes